Monday, October 20, 2008

Weekend Football Wrap....

THE PICKS wrapup comes first....
YTD (Entering): 23-21-3
  • Northwestern -4....Winner!
  • Wisconsin +3.5......Big-time loser!
  • USC -42.....Winner!
  • Kansas +20.....Winner!
  • Michigan +24.5......Dont even get me started on how it's possible that I didn't cover here
  • Buffalo -1....Winner!
  • Miami -3.....Loser!
  • Seattle +10.5.....Winner! Gotta love the late miracle cover...
YTD (Current): 28-24-3...profit...lol
Okay that's out of the way....To my thoughts....
  • Washington State is the worst team in a BCS conference that I can ever....yes, I mean EVER...remember...they haven't been competitive in a game all season....USC could've beaten them by 100...and that's not an exaggeration at all
  • Ohio State looked dominant over Mich. State....Yes, MSU is one-dimensional....but it's a whale of a dimension and OSU dominated....setting up the only relevant Big 10 game all year next week with OSU vs. Penn State....
  • Michigan.....yikes...39 unanswered is all I need to say
  • Texas is awesome....for the minute....no one will ever sell me on a team that is dominant as they seem this year....it's college football in 2008; no one is that much better than anyone else, period, so don't get too hyped
  • Texas Tech=fraud....Oklahoma State and Utah=for real....questions?
  • New BCS is out....no huge complaints...Utah should be higher....Oklahoma State has a better resume than Oklahoma or USC....Florida should be ahead of Georgia (who has Georgia beaten?).....
To the NFL....
  • Buffalo keeps their AFC East dominance rolling...really impressed by them....
  • Chicago and Minnesota played the least offensively dominant 48-41 game I've ever seen...make sense? Let me enlighten you.....How bout 3 defense/special teams TDs for Chicago? 4 INT for Gus Frerotte? 6 total turnovers? Okay...Not alot you can take out of this other than it seems Kyle Orton could actually be good....
  • St. Louis blasts Dallas...umm....It wasn't the offense Jerry....
  • I'll give Joe Flacco a little love...I guess I shouldn't pick against you simply because it's you
  • Indy is done....like I'm getting my fork out.....think it gets easier? @ Tenn., New England, @ Pittsburgh, and @ San Diego in the next 5 games....
  • Janikowski's game winner was good from at least 63 yards....
  • 2 straight uninspiring weeks from the Washington offense...back to earth gentlemen...I like Jason Campbell...but he isn't beating you....stack the line....
  • Was wrong about Carolina's defense....Brees looked as bad as he'll ever look today....and Carolina remains the class of the NFC South IMO
Alrighty then...

No comments: