Thursday, October 16, 2008

10/17: BYU Goes Down, ALCS...

Leading with the ALCS....
  • Well that was insane...a 7-0 hole for Boston going to Bottom 7....and a 8-7 victory after 2 huge bombs and a JD Drew walk-off hit....I'm gonna say that I think Tampa is in trouble...we've seen this before...the miracle win for Boston....and now they get to see Beckett and Lester....on the positive side for the Rays, they are going home where they've been dominant...but it's a series again...
  • BYU goes down in a heap against a physical and talented TCU team...I can say without question I did NOT see this coming in any way...I had BYU pegged for 11-0 entering the Utah game but they got flat out embarrassed tonight....Wave bye-bye to them....the only hopes for the Non-BCS now falls on Utah and Boise....I maintain that if someone goes undefeated in the Mountain West (Utah), they should be in the BCS Title game IF there is one undefeated Big 6 conf. team or less.....Think of it this way, if Utah was undefeated in the Big East, would they go? I maintain yes....and the Mountain West is CLEARLY better top to bottom than the Big East this year...I frankly don't think it's close....just a statement
  • Jake Peavy hits the open trade market apparently....and the Braves are reportedly interested....umm, yes please! Whatever it takes....go do it....
  • Larry Johnson to miss this week's game for a suspension...violation of team rules....yawn...Tennessee will pound them anyway I'm sure....that said, I'd be giving Jamal Charles carries anyway...
  • Why is Tony Romo trying to play? I really have no idea....sit out a week or 2 at least....Brad Johnson can be okay with all those weapons...hand it off, beat St. Louis and come back next week

No comments: