Wednesday, October 1, 2008

10/1: Chi Sox/Twins...MLB Playoff Predictions

Some bullets before the Playoff stuff....
  • John Danks was brilliant in beating Minnesota and sending the Sox to the playoffs....but 1-0? Geez...somebody score some runs...
  • Brian Cashman gets a 3-year deal to stay Yankees GM...hmm....I thought Hank Steinbrenner was doing personnel now? lol...
  • How perfect is the Bengals signing Cedric Benson? They have no running game....he's a felon....perfect! That said, he wasn't good in Chicago...can't see him being good there either
  • Ricky Williams admits pot was a temptation during his bye week....since he is addicted to the stuff...this...isn't news? yea...I'll go with that....
To the predictions....

American league
  • White Sox over Rays in 4 (Young teams usually have trouble their first trip); Red Sox over Angels (Lackey and the rest of the rotation have been sputtering, Put an asterisk next to this prediction if Beckett is out)
  • Red Sox over White Sox in 7.....I have no justification here other than that I'll go with the team that has better talent...flat-out
National League
  • Brewers over Phillies in 5 (Yes, I realize this means they win in Philly....but it'll be CiCi on the mound in Game 5....he wins twice and they steal one elsewhere); Dodgers over Cubs in 4 (This is my favorite first round series...I like Torre, Manny, Derek Lowe, their bullpen....there it is)
  • Dodgers over Brewers in 6.....If CiCi goes in Game 5 of the NLDS, he can't go til Game 3 of the NLCS...meaning he only goes once in this scenario....sorry Brew crew...
World Series
  • Dodgers over Red Sox in 7....
Please note that I'll never be right with these....and if you can't tell...I like first round upsets...

No comments: