Tuesday, November 18, 2008

11/18: Bills/Browns, Pujols, etc.

Let's get to it...
  • Before I really begin, I'll shamelessly tell you that I drilled my Marshawn Lynch breakout pick from last night....but at least I missed the game prediction....so all's right with the world
  • Brady Quinn is pretty good so far....not really surprised....they waited about 4 weeks too long....oh, you think they should've just let Derek Anderson go after he had more INT than TD for the entire 2nd half of last year while their 1st-round QB sat? and THEN gave him a huge extension? Yea....You're right
  • RIP Pete Newell....the well-known basketball coach dies at 93....he is best known for his Big Man camp and has worked with all kinds of hall of fame centers.....
  • Mark Cuban is insider trading? Isn't he richer than rich? lol
  • Albert Pujols wins the NL MVP....yea, I don't care that they didn't make the playoffs.....there was no real candidate on a playoff team in the NL and his numbers are utterly stupid.... how bout a .357 average, 37 HRs, and 116 RBI? Nobody can get near these numbers when you realize that .357 is an absolutely unbelievable number
  • NCAA Basketball is going for the new concept of a 24 hour debut for the season....I don't hate the idea but I don't know who's watching the 4 am game? Or really who (other than me) is watching St. Mary's and Fresno at 2 am (Patrick Mills was awesome last night lol)....The highlight of this are coming tonight with UNC and Kentucky (even though Kentucky isn't good, people will watch this)
  • Kevin Durant is very, very special.....his team....is not....
  • Tim Duncan has quietly gone back to early decade form with 24 and 10 right now....quietly keeping the Spurs around at 5-5 and battling each day without his 2 star guards...I've said it before and I'll say it again....he's the best power forward of all time and definitely in consideration for the best player of the post-MJ era (so far)
Aight that's all i got...

No comments: