Saturday, November 8, 2008

11/8: Some Thoughts...

With the weekend football preview up, I figured I'd hit some bullets on other stuff
  • Tony Parker, first of all, shouldn't be scoring 55 on anyone....but his ankle injury will absolute kill an already depleted Spurs roster....They may not win another game until he gets back when I look at the schedule....and yes, Tim Duncan, is very, very, very good still....
  • 2 team records I feel smart about.....Hawks 4-0, Wizards 0-4......and yes, it's way too early for this bullet....and now Josh Smith is out 2-4 weeks with a sprained ankle....right before a 4 game road trip that could easily even the record at 4-4 (I'd honestly be satisfied winning 1 of the 4, not a joke)
  • Dwyane Wade is killing it....25, 6 and 8 so far....I saw this coming in the summer, and he looks like the old Dwyane Wade....I still like Miami
  • I have no idea what to make of Chicago....so many guards....so many 4's.....I don't even know what they are....but they look good some nights....
  • Kevin Love with 20 and 8 last night.....smiles all around
  • Under no circumstances should a point guard, much less Devin Harris, attempt 24 FTs in a regulation game.....I didn't see this one....but that seems utterly ridiculous...he ended with 38 and I give him the credit, but yikes
  • One random NBA thought....Good luck Redskins....Deangelo Hall? Vintage Daniel Snyder move....they don't even have a pressing need at corner...he just couldn't resist
  • Quick, who's the leading rebounder in the NBA? Dwight Howard? Nope.....Kevin Garnett? Nope.....How bout Andris Biedrins.....do you know who that is? Be honest with yourself and if you don't, go look it up
  • I watched pretty much the entire Nuggets/Mavs game last night....JR Smith is everywhere....he can look absolutely amazing on the offensive end at times...fluid, with range, athletic as all get out.....then make you scratch your head too....Hey, George Karl....Dahntay Jones? Get out of here....please

No comments: