Friday, November 28, 2008

11/28: A Thanksgiving Dud....

Well...that was an uneventful day....here's what transpired in my head....
  • Either the Lions run D is as bad as I've heard, or Chris Johnson is Walter Payton....either one....lol I'm gonna lean toward the former....
  • I can't believe that my preseason NFC West pick is actually 2-10....That doesn't make sense even knowing Seneca Wallace started half the games...
  • I won't claim to have seen the Arizona/Philly game (die Charter Cable)....but that score baffled me....Arizona can't legitimately claim to be an NFC contender playing pass D like they did last night....They're gonna win the NFC West by default, but I'd bet money that the Wild card will be favored over them in the playoffs....And....Welcome back Donovan and Brian Westbrook....nice to have you back at the party
  • Texas A&M is flat out abysmal...I have no idea why one of the most well-funded, prominent programs in the country gets to be this bad for a number of years (insert Michigan joke here but realize that was one year with a new scheme)....College Station is the picture of a college town and they have millions of dollars behind that program along with fantastic facilities....inexplicable to have that lack of talent, especially on defense
  • Knicks suspend Steph Marbury for refusing to enter the game.....For once, I'm with the angry player on this one....don't tell me I'm gonna be inactive for reasons other than performance then wanna put me in the game when it suits you....no thanks
  • If they had announced prior that Michael Curry would've made the Pistons practice Thanksgiving morning, what would have been the betting line on Allen Iverson skipping it? I would've laid 3 to 1 on it....lol
  • I really like Gonzaga this year....very balanced....talent everywhere.....This isn't your dad's Gonzaga.....I'm on the limb that this is one of the 5 deepest/most talented teams in the nation....if they defend when they need to, this is a definite final four contender....
  • Line of the night in the NBA: JR Smith.....32 minutes, 13-21 FG, 5-9 3pt, 32 points, 5 boards, 4 dimes.....and he doesn't start in favor of......Dahntay Jones....kill me George Karl
  • The Wizards are becoming a laughing stock....any team that starts the immortal Dee Brown at point guard can't be taken seriously by me....On a brighter note, it's great to see Etan Thomas play and play effectively....his story of coming back from heart surgery has been buried, and I'll help bring it to light
Enjoy the day

No comments: