Friday, May 16, 2008

5/16: Back again....

Had no internet for the duration yesterday (anger) but here I am again....
  • San Antonio pretty much dominates New Orleans last night....Duncan woke up a bit and they got a huge lift from Ime Udoka off the bench with some hot shooting....the X-factor for Game 7 is suddenly David West's back, but he gets 3 full days off so he should be okay and set it up for a big-time game 7 in NO on Monday....
  • Cleveland and Utah both have home dates to try and push their respective series to Game 7 tonight....and Game 7's are always a good thing....so go home team! lol
Other things...
  • Charles Barkley gambles alot...and says as much...this is news?
  • MLB: Brandon Webb is 9-0 in 9 starts...are you kidding me? Oh yea, he's won 13 straight (in only 14 starts) and is officially the best pitcher in the league if you ask me....Cole Hamels baffled my Braves last night with his first ever CG shutout...yay...oh yea and Lance Berkman is smashing the ball....15 homers...
  • Baseball continues to baffle me with its contract numbers...Hanley Ramirez previously got what I believe is under market value...and now Ryan Braun signs for 5.5 mill a year? The guy is a top 5 young slugger in the league....and they just locked him up for what amounts to his entire youth for 5.5 mill a year....a steal for Milwaukee
  • Terry Porter and Kurt Rambis apparently emerging as the leading candidates in Phoenix...I admittedly have no idea what either is like as a coach....so I won't comment
  • Anyone see Billy Wagner go nuts? I think he was semi-justified....simply because he's not playing...other guys are...interview them...I heard the excuse today that the Mets have too many foreign players who prefer to avoid English interviews....don't buy it..
All I got today...

No comments: