Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All-Rookie Team and A Request for the NBA Voters...

Today, the All-Rookie team was announced for the NBA....When I first heard this, the only portion of the team/story I was informed of was that Al Horford was the only unanimous pick...cool, I thought....Then after seeing the team it read like this....

Al Horford
Kevin Durant
Luis Scola
Al Thornton
Jeff Green

At first glance, this may seem like the best 5 rookies (although I'd go Thaddeus Young and Jamario Moon over Green and Thornton) until you realize that there isn't a single guard on the team.....Durant comes the closest as he started many games at the 2, but he's 6'9 and not a guard....This brings me to a general complaint I have with the voting process....

If you are going to make a team supposedly made up of the best players at their respective positions, shouldn't said team include players of all positions? My personal belief is that they should go PG, SG, SF, PF, and C on every single of these teams...but if that can't be done (for some unexplained reason)....at LEAST give me 2 guards, 2 forwards, and a center.....it's ridiculous...

My All-Rookie team by My rules

C-Al Horford
PF-Luis Scola
SF-Jamario Moon
SG-Kevin Durant
PG-Rodney Stuckey (edging Mike Conley who came on strong late)

No comments: