Saturday, May 3, 2008

5/3: Couldn't leave this one alone....

Okay, I'm back for a minute or 2....gotta touch on the Hawks...
  • Not OVERLY shocked by the Game 6 win but I was picking against them for various reasons...Honestly, they are winning to spite Mike Bibby's late game incompetence and only b/c Boston has somehow been even worse in late-game execution (including the last few sequences last night that were inexcusably bad)....I still love Josh Childress, he's a fantastic glue-guy.....And I'm just guessing...but I think maybe if Portland had to pick between Greg Oden and Al Horford at this very moment, I'm not sure it's clear-cut anymore...Al's been a man in this series...
  • So, Game 7 is Sunday..aka in the middle of my father's wedding reception/dinner....kill me now....not that I'm not looking forward to the reception, but the timing is quite bad....anyone who wants to text updates, feel free to do so...My pick: Celtics by 12...just can't see this team winning a big road game, it just doesn't happen...that said, Go Hawks!

Quickly to other stuff...

  • Lebron closes out the Wiz with a triple-double...the game 5 win by Washington caught me off-guard but this one didn't...Lebron was just too much and if they get 20+ from Wally, look out....They gotta be loving that Boston is going to 7 with Atlanta too...
  • Utah finally puts Houston away despite McGrady's best shot...nothing he can do...and I can't hate on him for this one at all, the talent wasn't equal and he played out of his mind in a few of those games (including last night with reckless abandon)...so props to him...and Utah moves on...
  • I don't care about Horse Racing and don't know one person who would care if they weren't betting on it...get it off my tv and radio....and espn frontpage...and anything else please
  • This Marvin Harrison shooting story got a huge "wow" from me when I heard about it...just like the last guy you'd expect to be involved in anything like this...just goes to show that either we don't know the players like we think (obviously true) or the fact that guys can just be put in bad spots regardless of how great they are (debatable)....or both?
  • MLB: Tim Hudson was incredible last night with a 2-hit shutout...and he better be if Smoltz is going to the closer role again....I don't like it, but if they don't think he can go on 4 days rest, I like it better than a 6-man rotation....Chien-Ming Wang is 6-0...that's pretty ludicrous this early...still doesn't impress me but he's overly solid....Anybody see Shaun Marcum yacking between innings and throwing a gem anyway? Love that kind of stuff....
  • Ryan Perrilloux off the team at LSU...one thing too many for this clown....LSU's in trouble without him though....
  • The Mavs could do worse than Rick Carlisle....and the Knicks could do worse than Avery Johnson....no problem with either one
  • Reportedly Kobe wins the MVP...just heard as I am writing this...no shock from me at all as he is the most talked about guy in the league in the media (outside of maybe Lebron) and it's a bunch of media people voting....deserving guy though

That's it for now....will try to get content up when time allows

No comments: