Friday, May 30, 2008

The Spurs "Dynasty"

I'll be honest...I'm a huge fan of what the Spurs have done in the Popovich/Duncan era....I would never call them a dynasty simply because they never went back-to-back, and never seemed to be the dominant force I equate with that word.....that said, I think the "dynasty" has come to an end with the roster as currently constructed....I wouldn't put it past RC Buford and Pop to pull some strings and get younger/better off the bench and come back and do it again....but I don't see the same level as they once were at....Historically, I think the Manu/Parker backcourt will probably be a bit overrated because they won 3 titles together...but it's the same thing as the Pistons' guys....they seem underrated because they aren't big names...but I think they almost become overrated b/c they get all the "clutch" type of love, etc.....After all that....I believe Tim Duncan is the best Power forward ever (and one of the best 3 players of decade after MJ with Shaq and Kobe), Pop is a top 10 coach ever, and this team is STILL not receiving the love a team that wins 4 rings in 9 years should receive....So I'll give them a little...

No comments: