Wednesday, May 28, 2008

5/28: Spurs on the Ropes, Tiger, etc.

  • Tim Duncan and the Spurs are clearly on the ropes now down 3-1....I won't get into the last play too in-depth, but I will say 2 things....1) I wouldn't have called the foul (and Barry shouldn't have pump-faked anyway) and 2) Joey Crawford shouldn't have been involved.....How can anyone think it's a good idea to have the ONLY publicly held team/player/ref rivalry be put centerstage in the conference finals by putting Joey on a Spurs game? I don't understand the line of thinking.....Kobe was fantastic again I thought (equally good was Tim Duncan who got no help from his other stars) and Lamar Odom played well down the stretch when they put it away.....Kobe decided to make a bonehead play and try and shoot a layup instead of pulling out and being fouled...didn't cost them the game, but it could've helped.....I won't bury the Spurs yet (as everyone else is) because if anyone can do it, it's them....but It's not looking good
  • MLB: Jay Bruce is already ballin....no surprise here as I've been hearing about him for years....and he's the sole reason they're shopping Griffey (I'd keep Griffey and bench Patterson myself)....My boy Josh Hamilton is back in the boxscores with 5 RBI to lead the league with 58 and a pace for around 170....Cleveland pulled off a triple steal last night...so sick....Bobby Cox imploded a bit last night....leaving Tim Hudson in late after he had just allowed 2 baserunners and already had well over 100 pitches....rare for Bobby who usually has a quick trigger....
  • Tiger will be ready for the US Open...and he'll win it...and it doesn't matter that he hasn't played since Augusta.....It's Torrey Pines and he could play the course in his sleep
That's all for now...

No comments: