Tuesday, September 30, 2008

9/30: MNF Recap, Twins/White Sox Play-In....

Some Old-school bullets....Here's to the Baseball Playoffs....
  • While we're talking baseball playoffs...they truely start today with the Play-in between the White Sox and Twins....On the record, I'm gonna take the suddenly "hot" White Sox...but really, I'm taking John Danks at home over the inexperienced Nick Blackburn going on the road in a playoff atmosphere....So, there it is...and I'm mildly excited
  • MNF was...interesting?...Yea, that's a good word....Joe Flacco's ups and downs...The Steelers abysmal O-Line (and Ben Roethlisberger's ability to fly by the hip late)....I marginally enjoyed the ugliness even.....All things equal, I still like Pittsburgh...but that O-Line is a huge question
  • Scott Linehan fired as St. Louis Rams Head Coach...no shock to me...they've been abysmal and only getting worse...and he clearly lost his big-money QB...simple math really
  • The Brewers announce...Yovani Gallardo?...as Game 1 NLDS Starter...yes, he's young and has shown flashes...but he's pitched once since May...I guess that's the state of their staff more than anything.....
  • NY Jets Safety Eric Smith suspended 1 Game and fined $50K for his hit on Anquan Boldin....This struck me as an over-reaction...the Boldin injury was more a result of the fact that his body got contorted by the hit by Kerry Rhodes behind him....and while Smith did go helmet-to-helmet, I didn't think it warranted a suspension...just one man's opinion...
More later....including an MLB Playoff Preview to come at some point....

No comments: