Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A little Braves talk and more...

Well today's headline(s) for me start with the Atlanta Braves....
  • Derek Lowe agrees for 4 yrs/60 million....wow that seems like a lot to me...but I'd rather have him than AJ Burnett so I can't argue that much....The problem to me is the length....39-year-old Lowe making 15 million in the last year? yikes.....Helps alot for this year though....and coupled with the signing of a certain Japanese import....The rotation now looks like this....
1) Derek Lowe
2) Jair Jurrjens
3) Javier Vazquez
4) Kenshin Kawakami (lol)
5) Glavine/Morton/Reyes OR Hudson when he gets back...

Pretty decent if you ask me depending on how good Kawakami is....
  • Scott Pioli goes to the KC Chiefs....taking over the Carl Peterson role....interested by this move by him but he's in full control out there and I could see why he'd like to do that.....Herm Edwards HAS to be out the door now....
  • Michael Crabtree to the NFL....um, duh?
Sort of a slow day otherwise...but working on my Championship week preview....Looking forward to it

No comments: