Monday, January 12, 2009

Lots to get to...

Won't waste any time....Here are my nearly-final PICKS standings....Let me break down how I did in bowls....(not even mentioning I went 0-4 along with about 100 other people in the NFL this weekend)....to bring me to....52-60-3 without the bowls

  • BYU +3....loser!
  • TCU -2.5....loser! (at least they won the game)
  • Maryland +2.....winner outright!
  • BC -3.5...loser!
  • GT -4....ouch, loser!
  • Georgia -7.5...winner!
  • USC -9....winner!
  • Florida -3...winner!
  • Miami +8....winner!

So that's a respectable 5-4 in bowls....bringing me to a non-respectable 57-64-3 for the year....shoot me in the head

  • Tony Dungy to retire.....great man, great coach....I can see why he'd walk away, he's set for life and has the ring...but I wish he'd stay....VERY interested to see who they bring in....can't afford to mess with Peyton and co. too much I wouldnt say EDIT: I forgot they had a coach in waiting, good luck to Jim Caldwell in this spot following Dungy
  • Will give a preview later in the week but let's just say I didnt expect Eagles/Cards and Steelers/Ravens....I picked one of those teams lol
  • Josh McDaniels hired in Denver....not shocked.. he's an up and comer lol
  • Somebody saw Marvin Harrison shoot a man....and this is like the 6th story on ESPN.....if this was Chad Johnson or something, it'd be everywhere
  • Wake Forest AND Boston College have toppled UNC's undefeated rumors....too much hype as always...but Wake is undefeated...and worth noting so....
  • The Hawks lost by a combined like 60 points in the last 2 outings....sigh....Al Horford out at least a week too...Let's just say I've reached the point where I'm expecting the letdown lol
  • Jim Rice and Rickey Henderson inducted to the baseball hall of fame....Rickey's an absolute no-brainer as the #1 base stealer ever, the best leadoff man of all time and a top defensive LF....Rice took forever but should've been in 5 years ago...can't argue with the numbers in that era...
  • A man named Kenshin Kawakami is in Atlanta to take a physical for the Braves....No, I have no idea who that is....but I am reading good things....oh, and he's a Japanese starting pitcher...I had no idea

More later, enjoy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Please tell me that Pittsburgh will win it? - what a farce. By the way - I heard that you liked Japanese starters......