Thursday, January 15, 2009

NFL Championship Weekend Preview

Well here we are....almost to the finishline of the NFL season....as a courtesy I pretty much have to pick both games against the lines....As a disclaimer, I'm only 57-64-3 for the year....but I ALSO have the guts to post that record....such is life...


  • Philly -4 over Arizona....I didn't agonize about this at all....sites I trust (such as Football outsiders) have this as around a 10 point advantage to Philly....and I CAN'T see them falling victim to what Carolina did in allowing the only guy that can beat them (Larry Fitzgerald) to actually do so....I trust Jim Johnson and his defense to cause some TOs and Donovan will do enough to win on the road with or without Brian Westbrook.....

  • Pittsburgh -6 over Baltimore....Yes, I'm taking both favorites....yikes....I have this sneaking suspicion that "rookie" Joe Flacco rears his head a bit against probably his worst defensive matchup in the league in Pittsburgh in a cold weather game with possible snow in January.....It just doesn't bode well for them....especially when considering the guys on the other side have a ring (think about it, Parker, Ben, Ward....all those guys were on the SB team)....I like a 24-13 type of score here....Flacco makes 2 or 3 mistakes and Pittsburgh pounds them....

Well, this scenario brings the "All Pennsylvania" Super bowl...imagine the hype...lol....But in fairness, this would be the best possible matchup for the NFL whose execs are absolutely CRINGING at the thought of Arizona and Baltimore....except for Ray Lewis potentially being involved in another super bowl week murder....

No comments: