Thursday, June 12, 2008

6/12: Game 4 Preview, Braves, etc.

Tonight is Game 4 of the Finals and suddenly the key is Rajon Rondo's ankle...with the way Doc Rivers keeps throwing Sam I Am out there, they really need a healthy Rondo for the rest of the time....For LA, they have to get SOMETHING tangible from Gasol and/or Odom or they'll be in a 3-1 hole....should be an interesting game as multiple national writers have predicted an "ESPN Classic" worthy game....
  • The Braves staff is in shambles....Tom Glavine and Jair Jurrjens both went down in the span of a day....including Jurrjens getting hurt while coming down the dugout steps....laughter...MLB Recap: Ryan Dempster dominates the Braves....and Dan Uggla is tearing up the league...and ya know....the Tigers are coming I think....
  • Jonathan Ogden retires.....I think he's probably a hall-of-famer as he's been at the top of his position for over a decade....
  • Local program Georgia State (with its newly forming football program) has gone in the direction of former Alabama coach and long-time TV guy Bill Curry...I love the hire...he brings instant credibility....
  • Well thank goodness Chad Johnson is in camp...whew....almost was a controversy (insert sarcastic tone)
  • I finally got to read my first Rick Reilly piece for ESPN...he's still Rick Reilly...never been the biggest fan of his...but he's probably in the top 4 right now as far as "famous" sports writers with Wilbon, Kornheiser, and Bill Simmons....and ESPN has them all if they need to use them

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the updates, I enjoy reading your blog daily! I hope you're able to keep this up while you're at camp! let me know if you need anything while you're there!