Thursday, June 19, 2008

6/19: Tiger, etc.

Well most of you know where I'm headed....REALLY!?!!?
  • Really Tiger? You just played 91 holes of championship golf with a torn ACL?! oh yea...and he won...For everyone that doesn't think golf is necessarily "athletic" I almost tend to agree...but when you break it down, it's ridiculous what he did....the average championship golf course is approx. 7000 yards long....that's 21000 feet or approx. 4 miles (without extra walking just to get around) and Tiger walked these 4 miles 5 days straight while wrenching his knee with torque to achieve his maximum swing.... Sorry for the enthusiasm on this one but I'm completely amazed that he did this....
  • All that said...Tiger is out for the entire rest of 2008 including missing a major for the first time ever...I'm going to be really interested to see how the PGA Tour lines up without him in a showcase event like that....The one thing I don't need is 100 pieces on Tiger during that event...but they're definitely coming....
  • Really Willie Randolph? You're surprised you got fired even though it had been one of the most piped rumors in all of sports for months now....and you're team utterly collapsed since last September...I, for one, don't think it's his fault as much as Omar Minaya's but when you are good, and suddenly you are not anymore....people turn to the manager...especially in New York....
  • Really NBA world? It matters somehow that Michael Beasley is 6-7 in his socks? Put me on the other side....there has actually been an emergence of quality undersized PF's lately...and he has by far the most talent of this whole group of player....I don't really like him to be a legit NBA star, but that's not because he's 6'7 instead of 6'9....
  • Really media? The first thing we report about Javon Walker following him being viciously attacked and beaten to a pulp is that he'll still be reporting to training camp? I like the NFL as much as the next guy (okay, probably more...just because I'm me) but when I read that, I wanted to vomit....like...hey Javon, how are you feeling?
That's it for today....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - I totally had missed out on that fact about Tiger - I cannot believe it a torn ACL - craziness!!