Monday, June 9, 2008

6/9: Sorry for the absence

This will still be short as I am crazy busy...but we're off....
  • Boston holds off LA late to win 108-102 in Game 2.....Leon Powe is the story here for me...how bout 21 points in under 15 minutes of play? Ridiculous numbers from a guy who has literally caught DNP's in other playoff games....congrats to Leon...A score in the 100's would seem to favor LA which just tells you how well Boston was playing last night....Kobe got his 30...but he hasn't been as dominant as I would've guessed he'd be.....Yes, he only took 4 shots....but Rajon Rondo coming through with 16 assists....that's good enough for a victory pretty much every time....but alas, the series doesn't start until someone wins a road game...and for LA (and my pick's) sake....I hope it doesn't "start" in Game 3....
  • Big Brown lost....not shocked at all...it's horse racing...what does anyone really know?
  • Rafael Nadal flat-out lights up Roger Federer on clay...and he showed it again winning in straight sets at the French....I probably wouldn't have even mentioned this (b/c I don't care) but Nadal beat him 6-0 in the 3rd...I've never seen/heard of Federer not taking a game in a set.....
  • Lastly (for today)....a little love for Jim McKay who passed away this weekend....at 86, he has been out of the sporting consciousness for a quite a little time now....but I can recall numerous times catching things either live as a youngster or on ESPN classic with McKay at the controls....and he'd guide you effortlessly through a broadcast....and yes, I pay attention to things like this....Rest in Peace sir....

No comments: