Monday, June 23, 2008

6/23: Wimbledon, Melo, Braves....

Just a few thoughts...
  • I literally couldn't care one inkling about Wimbledon.... it used to be the one tennis event I knew I was watching at least part of...now? No interest...the sport is dead to me really
  • The Cubs are ludicrous at home....14 in a row at home? 8 total losses at home? Crazy numbers....they are running on all cylinders in Wrigley right now....and that's a good looking baseball team
  • The Nuggets reportedly are going to hold on Carmelo Anthony for at least another season (or part of the season)....I have no issue here, but they need to remake that supporting cast....badly....it's consistently mediocre (or even paltry) effort on the defensive end is more of a coaching thing than anything else (I'm on record for the firing of George Karl) but if you're going to keep Karl you need self-motivated defenders... and they have exactly 2 (Camby and Iverson) and Iverson isn't exactly considered to be getting younger or more sound defensively
  • Mark Teixeira lives and breathes! And boy did the Braves need his 3 bombs yesterday when they trotted out a lineup sans Chipper Jones, Jeff Francoeur, and Yunel Escobar all at once... Speaking of Francoeur, I'm an unabashed fan of his....reasonably I'd have to say most of this is my hometown link...but the other part is a mesmerizing arm and a free-swinging mindset that I admire....but only to a point.... I'm going to need more soon....
That's it for now...enjoy the beginning of the week

No comments: