Thursday, June 5, 2008

6/5: Red Wings, NBA Finals, etc.

  • Tonight kicks off the signature event in the NBA calendar....the NBA Finals....and this year, the hype will (and has been) off the map ridiculous because of the matchup....Sportscenter is on the scene live in Boston and that's just one of the indicators....I'm already on the record with Lakers in 6...I think Kobe is too much for Boston to handle, and KG hasn't shown me that "I'm gonna eat you up" late game instinct in these playoffs.....for Boston to win, Paul Pierce has to be outstanding throughout.....for the Lakers, I think the x-factor is Lamar Odom who played extremely well at times in the Spurs series, and when he is good, the Lakers seem virtually unbeatable....Enjoy the finals
Moving on....
  • Detroit Red Wings win the Stanley Cup....I didn't catch a whole lot of this...thanks again Versus....but it seems that the veteran, battle-tested team won out in the playoffs....shocking...
  • John Smoltz is done for the year.....this one hurts me as I live and die with Smoltz when he's on the mound...he's been the consummate pro for nearly 20 years in Atlanta and I wish him in the best in both his rehab, and whatever he does afterwards.....
  • On that same note....the Braves cannot seem to win a close ballgame....and at this point, it is literally ridiculous to blow games in the fashion that they are blowing them.....
  • The USGA/PGA is pretty ballsy....really? We're gonna pair Tiger and Phil together in the 1st round at Torrey Pines? I think they are trying to break the record for most people following one group....this will look like Arnie's Army compared to the rest of the course
More later...

No comments: