Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6/18: LA Rolls Over, Javon Walker, etc.

Well, you know where I'm going here.....

  • Kobe and the Lakers utterly rolled over last night....that's the headline for me...yes, I know it's usually inappropriate to cite the losing team in a game such as this (the clincher) but I'm going to go ahead and get it out of the way....Worst effort I've seen in a NBA Finals clincher in my lifetime....All that needs to be said....Now to the champs.... Boston got 90 from the KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo quartet that has led them all year (including a crazy 20 shot attempts from Rajon Rondo, but I won't kill him, they won by 40).... Granted, it might've helped if 75% of the TVs in America weren't off already but KG turned in a series-saving (for himself) performance with 26 and 14 on 10-18 FG and you already know about Paul Pierce....series MVP who took his game to heights unseen by even the Sports Guy Bill Simmons (who's column is likely to be a must-read today)....
  • And so the NBA season ends.... and to the Draft we go! It never stops where I come from....but I always have a hard time going from game talk to draft talk where people like Chad Ford actually become semi-relevant...
Other things...
  • Raiders WR Javon Walker robbed and beaten at gunpoint in Vegas.... there seems to be a highly increased likeliness of this kind of thing happening lately....pretty troubling...but something tells me there weren't alot of precautions taken here when reading the time of day/location in Vegas/etc.....Do better folks....
  • The day after the Tiger US Open win... I read 3 different pieces mentioning it as either the "likely" or "the" best US Open ever....word? Golf isn't exactly a sport that lacks history....slow it down...and Tiger's 97 Masters win still far outshadows this win simply for what it meant to the sport....
That's it for now...enjoy the day... 

No comments: