Thursday, June 26, 2008

6/26: Draft day, Brandon Jennings, etc.

Well I'm pretty much 100% NBA Draft today...obviously...
  • A big pre-draft trade seems to have gone down....Jermaine O'Neal to Toronto for TJ Ford, the infamous Rasho Nesterovic and the #17 overall pick....I don't really like this deal for Toronto at all...but it doesn't seem unfair rather more like it didn't really fit for the Raptors...I dont like the prospects of teaming JO and Bosh together especially since they can't possibly afford to give up on Bargnani yet...I do like the deal for Indy b/c they unload that ridiculous contract (though Ford is overpaid) and now can try and run with TJ instead of the enigmatic Tinsley....Pretty much a wash, but Indy now has 2 picks in the top 20 to look for a big man....
  • All this outrage about Beasley possibly being passed on by Miami...I have no reservations here at all...I like when GMs take a stand against guys they don't particularly like and go against the consensus....That said, I'd sure as hell trade out of that pick if I wasn't taking Beasley b/c they need more than one piece anyway....
  • Denver just handed over the #20 pick to Charlotte for a future #1? Hmmm...seems like they could've used that...lol
  • There aren't a whole lot of rumors around this time that can be considered 'credible' but this Baron Davis to Detroit one seems outlandish to me....Can't see Joe D pulling that trigger...
  • Brandon Jennings (on the heels of being unable to declare) is supposedly STRONGLY considering going to Europe instead of going to college at Arizona....big blow to Arizona #1 if he does...and also, a conceivable to David Stern and the boys if this becomes a trend....I'm interested to see how this one plays....
That's all I got...will try and do a pretty detailed recap....

No comments: