Sunday, April 13, 2008

4/13: Sorry for the hiatus, etc.

My apologies on the hiatus yesterday...during my prime blogging time aka the morning, I was playing basketball....that'll happen


  • NBA Recap (I'd go to the Masters but I have objections from prime readers...)- Hawks go down at home to Boston....I turned the TV on at 84-80 Hawks with about 7 minutes to go...next thing I know...91-84 Boston..no lie...Sam Cassell went ballistic late in typical Sam I Am fashion....Oh well....didn't hurt too bad because....Indy loses to Charlotte at home to bring the Hawks magic number to 1....Oh the hilarity of counting magic numbers for the 8 seed in the Eastern Conference...

  • More NBA: Utah pounds Denver and GS beats LAC at home....that erases that Denver lead....Still hope for the boys from Oakland...New Orleans loses in Sacto despite 30 and 15 from David West and now are tied with LAL for the #1 seed and homecourt...but LAL has the Spurs today....ever-changing situation in the west....Shoutout to Mike Conley who threw up a 25 pt, 5 dime effort...man-crush is back!

  • MLB Stuff: The Braves win their 2nd straight in Washington behind Jeff Francoeur (hometown boy...represent Lilburn) and his 2 HR, 7 RBI performance...that brings a smile to my face to say the least....the Tigers are still in turmoil getting bounced 7-0 in Chicago against the White Sox (and the inevitable DL visit by Dontrelle Willis but my expectations were low already).......Isn't it too early for Red Sox/Yankees overblown hype? Oh that's right...never too early for that bandwagon from the media to start....
  • Masters: Okay, now's the time....interesting weekend so far at the Masters...going into Sunday, Trevor Immelman leads at -11 and looks to be in great shape as he charted 3 rounds in the 60s without a big blowup to this point...I find it patently hilarious that everyone (including myself) refers to how far Tiger is from the lead rather than mentioning who's actually winning (including a ridiculous article from Gene Wojciechowski of ESPN stating him as "the leader" in the Masters somehow)...crazy what he's done for Golf...That said, the myth himself (lol) is 6 shots back after shooting a "bad" 68 yesterday (referencing how he said that was the worst number he could've shot with the way he struck the ball)....Should be an eventful Sunday Afternoon from Augusta....
  • Mini-rant....Can we please stop with the Pre-Preseason top 25's in college basketball? ESPECIALLY before the NBA draft is finalized...I mean you have to be kidding me....Nowhere does the jump to the professional ranks have the effect as it does in college basketball and teams are literally decimated yearly by defections...so just stop it

Until next time...

No comments: