Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dolphins' Negotiating

Dolphins' negotiating with.....2 players? as many as 4? Huh?...I actually kind of like this strategy for the Dolphins who are currently negotiating with both Jake Long and Vernon Gholston reportedly and may stretch that to 4 players according to Chris Mortensen....They're in the catbird seat here, they can play each guy against each other, and since there is no clear #1 and they have so many holes, they could essentially bargain someone down to a "reasonable"(none of these rookie deals are reasonable) price.....That said, it could backfire on them if they are trying to deal out of the #1 spot and most people assume they are and don't have any takers....That said, I'm taking Jake Long if I am Miami (and choosing between the 2)...I just can't take a 3-4 OLB #1 overall (which is what Gholston will be) and I'm clearly a Jake Long fan....That said, there isn't a guy I feel comfortable drafting here so Parcells has an unenviable task

No comments: