Wednesday, April 2, 2008

4/2 Pedro, NBA, Crean, etc.

Laughter.....
  • Pedro goes down in his 1st start with a Hamstring....I wonder who saw this coming....maybe everyone? I had Mike Hampton in my office pool but Pedro works for me....Trouble for New York in an already spotty rotation after Johan and Pedro....Good news for the Braves and Phillies
To the Association.....


  • Above is Donnie Walsh who the Knicks will be officially hiring today to run their franchise mostly....This is a very important man to the team (obvious) and really to the entire league going forward b/c as everyone including David Stern says...the league is better when the Knicks are relevant....It'll take a while for him to clean up Isaiah's mess but good luck to him....
  • NBA Recap: Spurs utterly pound the Warriors at home...coupled with Denver somehow edging Phoenix and the Nuggets are back in the playoffs again...man, this changes every day....
  • Some Injury news....Pau Gasol looks to be back tonight....need him full-strength if they wanna win the West (I feel like they can even without a healthy Bynum IF Pau is full-go)......Agent Zero (Mr. Arenas) is cleared but not yet playing...I've been saying for months I don't know if they are better with Gilbert in there....especially not a less than 100% Gilbert taking shots from Butler and Jamison....but if he's ready, put him in there....
Some college hoops...
  • I touched on the Tom Crean IU hire yesterday...but it's growing on me even more...really like him....IU made a steal here IF he can recruit...fast....
  • Sean Sutton resigns/was fired....You don't resign and still collect the rest of your money unless you're pushed out.....A quick trigger I'd say but they have been regressing so I guess I can see it....Bill Self is an alum but that's a big step-down in jobs even for a coach with ties....
  • Kevin O'Neill totally out at Arizona? No one really knows what went on here....he was announced as the heir apparent to Lute Olsen....now Lute comes back and O'Neill is totally off the staff? Huh? I'm sure they'll be details later....
  • WARNING WOMEN'S BASKETBALL CONTENT: Laughter....Terrible that I just did that...but I watched Women's ball alot last night...not that shocking....UConn/Rutgers is always entertaining...Epiphanny Prince is a baller....I watched Maya Moore play more than 10 times in high school so I have a little tie to watching her....Like everyone else, I'd like to see UConn and Tennessee in the final but I'm not sure LSU doesn't beat Tennessee...Sylvia Fowles is unstoppable....Would mention Candace Wiggins....but you can go to indiesports.blogspot.com to read about her....Enough of that....
More later



1 comment:

Ryan said...

Good to see you are giving the ladies some love here..you'll see when Agent Zero comes back..you'll see