Tuesday, April 29, 2008

4/29: Hawks win! Larry Brown, Pat Riley, etc.

Well it should be clear what's first....
  • Hawks win! Hawks win! Okay, I got that out....Welp, another home victory for the suddenly scrappy Hawks as they come back in the 4th (wow) against Boston last night behind Joe Johnson's 35 and late-game heroics.....I'm mildly excited about the ball they are playing....if they can just win one...in...Boston? Ehhh, Not gonna happen...but I'm already on Ticketmaster trying to get tix for Friday's Game 6...The city is abuzz.....lol
  • Lakers sweep Nuggets....only sweep in the playoffs and Denver was embarassingly bad throughout...George Karl is probably my least favorite high-profile coach in the league...fire him please...
  • Dwight and the Magic close out Toronto...This is one of the 2 series (it looks like) that I'll be wrong about...The Raps couldnt get anything going and Howard was a monster...doesn't hurt to just be bombing away like Orlando was either...

Other things....

  • Larry Brown is back....with Charlotte? This immediately doesn't seem like a fit to me....bad roster, bad player personnel guy (Sorry 23), but then you see it and this is just the type of thing Larry does well....well, until he got to NY...maybe he can flip them, maybe he can't, but at least Charlotte will be in the news for the first time in their history....
  • Pat Riley out in Miami....replaced by Erik Spoelstra (who D-Wade loves) and who is the youngest HC in the league immediately...good luck to them....at least they have a good shot at Rose/Beasley....
  • Byron Scott wins coach of the year....no shock from me as he leads NO to the 2-seed behind CP3's greatness...job well done B-Scott
  • Not alot of MLB for me yesterday...but I did catch that Barry Zito is headed to the bullpen...my God....no injury and they send the $120+ million dollar man to the pen? He's just out of sorts...I really hope he gets it together but I fear he may be done...and this deal is now worse than that of Carl Pavano and Mike Hampton, just so you know
  • Oh yea, to answer Dan Shanoff's question over at danshanoff.com....Which big 3 is better between KG/Allen/Pierce and Joe/Horford/Smith? Get off the pipe Dan.....before yesterday you never would've mentioned it so why start now?

No comments: