Monday, April 28, 2008

4/28: Playoff Basketball, No more draft, etc.

To the association for starters....
  • Phoenix stays alive against the Spurs...sort of a yawnfest for me as it was clear the Spurs didn't have the juice yesterday...Raja Bell scoring 27 points made me laugh a bit...Phoenix is still on life support as they have to win 2 more games in SA to win the series...good luck to them on that
  • Cleveland takes command over Washington....A huge win for Lebron and the Cavs....Delonte West with an absolute dagger for the win...Gilbert is still not himself but he had a couple big-time clutch shots late and it's clear that Antawn Jamison can just be penciled in for 20 and 10....Lebron had another ludicrous 34, 12, and 7 but it seems like a normal day for him which is crazy
  • Philly loses the game they had to win at home vs. Detroit.....I was on record stating they had to win yesterday to actually win the series (subsequently going up 3-1) but now that it is 2-2 I don't see Philly winning the series, maybe they can take it 7 though...
  • New Orleans takes it to the Mavs....Haven't won in Dallas since 1998 (wow) but this one was big to give them a decisive 3-1 lead....I thought the Kidd foul wasn't Flagrant-2 worthy...looked worse than it was..
Other stuff....
  • I'm packing it in on the draft talk unless some huge trade happens....until then, no more analysis I can really do...hope it goes away on TV too
  • Tyler Hansborough coming back.....Don't blame him, maybe he can win a national title (if he can convince Lawson to come back who hasn't hired an agent) and his draft stock is never gonna really change b/c nobody sees an NBA star in him anyway
  • MLB: Nothing better in baseball than a great pitching matchup and I would've paid to watch Brandon Webb vs. Jake Peavy yesterday...adv. Webb for now....Man, I need Justin Verlander to be better than this...Just as Chipper Jones, Glavine, and Yunel Escobar are set to return, John Smoltz looks injured all the sudden...insert expletive laden tirade....
  • Last thing: Hedo Turkoglu gets the MIP in the NBA reportedly...this was my pick so I'm obviously cool with it.... 

2 comments:

Ryan said...

How did Kidd's foul "look worse than what it was?"...I think the whole premise of those kind of fouls is going for the ball...oh thats right..he had his neck/head

Brad said...

What I meant was that Kidd just got turned around and took a swipe...and the fact that he got flipped over made it look worse....ejection was fine, no suspension please