Sunday, April 27, 2008

Falcons Draft update....

Logged on to find that the 3rd round was over and since the Falcons had 3 picks...here's what I thought...



Before the round, I thought we had to get at least 1 CB and at least 1 DT...that didnt happen

  • At 68, Falcons took Chevis Jackson, the CB from LSU....loved this pick as I thought he was a great college player, and we need a corner badly....That said, Pat Sims was on the board as a DT and I would've liked him
  • At 84, Falcons took...Harry Douglas? I actually played basketball with Harry in my very younger days in a couple pickup games and played against him in AAU...I like him alot as a receiver despite his small frame...that said, this isn't a need area....and if it was, I would've greatly preferred picking up Mario Manningham (who was somehow still available).....but I would've gone Andre Fluellen from Florida State (another DT)
  • At 98, the pick was Thomas DeCoud, a Safety from Cal....this screams special teams pick to me, but maybe he can develop into a nice fit when Lawyer Milloy calls it quits...

Generally, I can't believe they haven't taken a DT yet in this draft as there is currently ONE NFL-level DT on the roster (Jonathan Babineaux) on a team that plays a 4-3...unexplainable but maybe they have a free agent plan or something

No comments: