Thursday, April 3, 2008

4/3 Injury Returns, MLB, Final 4.....

The headlines from last night came from the Association...
  • Agent Zero returns for Washington after missing 60+...looked healthy in the highlights I saw (and he had 17)....will be extremely interesting if he has time to mesh with the other 2 stars in an attempt to maybe overthrow Cleveland or Orlando in Round 1....
  • The other big returns were Dirk and Pau....unexpected at that as he was announced to not be playing earlier in the day...Dirk came back to lead Dallas to an (easy) win over Golden State....If he's back and healthy I might need to amend my playoff prediction....not quite yet though......Pau back after around a 10 game absence with the ankle....adds 10 in an easy win...ho-hum
  • And the return noone is talking about....Elton Brand! Yes, I know it's irrelevant b/c his team is terrible...but I like him and I'm glad he's back
  • Recap: Hawks win 5th straight and 9 of 11...in ANOTHER protested game....and listen....The scorekeepers were wrong again....The clock started early and TJ Ford's tip-in should've likely counted....but Lord, I hope they don't reverse another one.....Boston wins their 60th....jeez that's alot of wins...New Orleans pounds Miami....Lost in the Miami mess is Chris Quinn who is playing....wait for it...well.....18, 9 assists, 7 boards last night...he's somehow (insert laughter here) their most consistent player right now
  • Should Donnie Walsh fire Isiah? I say yes...but not because Isiah is a bad coach...he proved he can coach a little in Indiana years ago...but I can't see this situation resurrecting itself with him on the bench...they've quit on him..and for good reason....make the change

To Baseball....

  • Washington is 3-0...huh? why? They've been pitching well too which laugh out loud funny when you look at their rotation....cue me laughing aloud with Odalis Perez started opening day....
  • The Braves tally a win...was really impressed with Jair Jurrjens (the young stud they got for Edgar Renteria) and the bats awoke from their slumber.....
  • Pedro only out 4-6 weeks...I think this is actually good news for the Mets...whenever he's talking about hearing a pop and is only out a month...not too bad....JJ Putz goes down too but only placed on the 15-day..bad news for Seattle
  • Detroit starting very slowly...the bats seem dead...and they're playing KC....ewwwww

Other things....

  • Andre Allen (Memphis' backup PG and former starter) suspended for the Final Four...I think this actually HELPS Memphis....I think Allen is likely the worst rotation guy on any team in this final 4 (check the stats, percentages, etc.)...and this only allows MORE minutes for Derrick Rose....Allen is a long-time contributor so I'm sure Cal feels the need to play him minutes....not anymore....
  • Talk to me in August about NFL rule changes...until then? Thanks but no thanks
  • I did laugh when I heard Chris Henry was pending arrest again....add him to the list of guys who never learn....

I don't know my internet situation this weekend (will be outta town)...if it's good...expect alot of writeups...if it's semi-good...something at least...if it's bad...well....never know

No comments: