Saturday, December 13, 2008

12/13: Lots to get to....

Well here we are...back again....Christmas is crazy busy...forgive me once again

Edit: LOL, Gene Chizik hired at Auburn.....ummm...really? You're kidding me.....He just lost TEN games in a row at Iowa State...including going winless in conference....that's the guy you go with? I can't fathom why they wouldn't go with Turner Gill if he would've taken the job before this guy....Unbelievable
  • Maurice Cheeks fired in Philly....wow...already? I thought he did a great job last year and should have been given more time....Brand isn't fitting but that's not his signing is it? Where's the GM in all this? I'm sorta miffed...
  • AJ Burnett to the Yanks to go along with CC Sabathia....really? Why don't you go sign Tex and Manny too and field an all-star team and spend 300 million a year? My god
  • I've never seen anyone that can do the things that Stephen Curry does with his frame (small, frail)....he's absolutely must-see TV....fantastic scorer...and climbing on draft boards daily as he shows he can distribute the ball as well
  • The Heisman is presented tonight....and I don't care at all? seems a bit off....but not really....this hasn't gripped me in about 4 years....I think it ended for me when Jason White won it.....My pick: Sam Bradford......Guy who should be there and isn't (not Graham Harrell!): Shonn Greene, RB, Iowa
  • Lots of good NFL action.....including....

THE PICKS!

YTD (Entering): 47-49-3

  • Green Bay -2 over Jax....Jax is done...done, done, done...and I think they roll over here...Green bay has faint hope and may be the best team with a losing record that I can remember....
  • Arizona -3 over Minny....Arizona plays much better defense at home...long trip for the Vikes....Tavaris Jackson....Tavaris Jackson.....On the road....
  • Miami -6 over SF....West coast team coming east and playing at 1....we all know that trend....plus the niners smell and I like Chad at home

All I got for now....I will be continuing THE PICKS through bowl season...interesting to see the lines as I look through them more....To some NFL predictions....

  • Atlanta over Tampa.....like the Falcons at home....Tampa's offense is really pretty bad....and they've shown they can be had in the run game....
  • Houston over Tennessee....Read that again....I like Houston in the upset of the week....they are a different team at home
  • Washington over Cincy....bleh
  • Seattle over St. Louis....double bleh (Seneca Wallace!)
  • GB over Jax
  • Miami over SF
  • Indy smashes Detroit...sigh....welcome to Detroit Sam Bradford or Matt Stafford lol
  • SD over KC....I dont even know why
  • Bills over Jets....call it a feeling....Brett Favre is looking closer to 59 than 39
  • Zona over Minny
  • Carolina rushes for 550 yards and beats Denver lol
  • NE over Oakland....Jamarcus Russell for "huge, gigantic bust" continues
  • Pittsburgh over Baltimore...think the Steelers D exposes Mr. Flacco a bit
  • Dallas over New York because their backs are against the wall, Jacobs is out, and the Giants suddenly have no receivers lol
  • Philly over Cleveland and a possible record for most Ken Dorsey Faces in one game

Enjoy it!

No comments: