Tuesday, December 30, 2008

2008-09 NFL Playoff Preview!

Well....we've reached that time of year....I will still do a weekly wrap including any picks against the spread that I may see fit....but I will also post my entire predictions....right here, right now lol....BUT FIRST! (laughter)
YTD (Entering): 52-56-3
  • Philly -3 over Minnesota....let's just say I was praying Minnesota got into the playoffs so I could pick against Tarvaris Jackson....

And thats it....nothing else jumps out at me in Round 1....

To the playoff picture! First the wild card round....

  • Atlanta over Arizona....I've agonized over this one....Arizona's big, physical receivers present a matchup problem...but I'll take the team that runs the ball better, takes care of the ball better, and defends the run better....Good luck to Mr. Ryan...
  • Indy over SD....another game I have no idea about....I was yearning at the opportunity to imaginary wager against Denver in this game (Indy owns them)....but San Diego, and more importantly, LDT looked very good Sunday night....that said, I still like Indy who has somehow won 9 straight games and no one is mentioning that
  • Miami over Baltimore....call me crazy, I'll take the team who's quarterback REFUSES to make mistakes....lol
  • Philly over Minnesota....mostly because of Tarvaris....but Philly always plays much better when their back is against the wall, and are the more seasoned team....

Quick predictions after this....

  • Atlanta over Carolina in Carolina.....call me crazy, I don't trust Jake Delhomme....
  • New York over Philly.....bad conditions, they can contain Westbrook and force Donovan to try and beat them....don't think he will
  • Pittsburgh over Miami....Ben should be back and ready to play....Never trust Miami in the cold and Roethlisberger is made for this type of game
  • Indy over Tennessee.....I can't make myself wager on Kerry Collins in game against Peyton Manning....I just can't force myself to...and Tennessee has looked pedestrian for about a month

Championship week

  • New York over Atlanta....and the dream...is....over. lol Can't see this team going into the meadowlands and winning....sorry everyone....Too much talent defensively for New York and Eli's battle tested
  • Indy over Pittsburgh....I've struggled with this game over and over....probably more than any other....it'll change before then probably (lol) but I like Indy....they are just playing too well, and Peyton is just not letting them lose....plus, Pittsburgh can't run the ball this year....didn't notice? Well, that's how you beat Indy....and they can't do it....hmmmmm

SB Week....

  • For now....I like New York because they can pound it down Indy's throat in the run game and get pressure on Peyton....and omg....I just noticed this is the Manning super bowl....and didn't take that into account....Welp, at least now I have to actively root against myself....

Enjoy!

No comments: