Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12/9: THE PICKS as they stand....etc...

Realizing I haven't wrapped the picks up yet this week...
YTD (Entering): 46-46-3
  • Pittsburgh +2.5....winner!
  • Atlanta +3....loser!
  • GB -5.5....Loser!
  • Alabama +10....somehow a loser!

Alabama was fairly brutal...but I suck...officially....47-49-3....I'll make it up during bowls....Which brings me to my bowl reactions.....Here they are:

  • BCS Title game: I'm very intrigued by the matchup....I think neither one of these teams stop each other....but Florida is gonna go wild on Oklahoma's D...and Bradford and Co. haven't seen a defense with as much talent and speed as Florida's....so I'm leaning that way....like the matchup
  • The Granddaddy of them all (Rose Bowl): Penn State and USC....seems like a very, nice traditional matchup to me....that said, USC blows the doors off because, of course, it's still a home game for them and they've played in about 8 rosebowls this decade or something lol
  • Fiesta: My favorite non-title game....Texas and Ohio State....now THESE are the games the "other" BCS bowls should be producing.....
  • Orange: Cincy and Va. Tech.....now THESE are the games that make people wanna abolish the BCS lol
  • Sugar: Alabama and Utah....I can't think of a better matchup for Utah in terms of watchability....Alabama shouldn't blow doors on them and Utah, for a one game scenario, could be very competitive here....and I've been on them all year....so I'm glad to see this game
  • Non-BCS games I'll be watching: Cotton- Ole miss and Texas Tech....two under-rated teams with experience and talent; very watchable; Capital One- Georgia and Michigan State....Always entertaining Big 10 vs SEC game....Georgia is INFINITELY more talented here but if they can't stop Javon Ringer, good luck.....Chick-fil-a- LSU and Georgia Tech....just to see how bad the Tech defense makes Jarrett Lee (or whoever else) look; and watch GT run for 300+ on one of those "vaunted" SEC defenses.....Sun- Oregon State and Pittsburgh....you're thinking "is he serious?" and yes I am....These are 2 teams who easily could've won their conferences and will both be legit healthy....plus these are 2 of the top 8-10 RBs in the country on the same field with McCoy and Jacquizz Rodgers....Holiday- Oregon and Oklahoma State.....there will be 100 total points scored in this game...you can quote me on that....Poinsettia- This may be the only time ever I watch this game in my lifetime....but Boise State and TCU are both very good teams...and this is a classic clash between offense and defense....2 top 15 teams as well
  • As for the rest of them....we'll see how I feel....but I'll pretend that at least half of the remaining games don't even exist....

To other things....

  • Mets reportedly sign Francisco Rodriguez to a 3-year-deal.....these closer deals never seem to work out do they? I'm hoping (as a Braves fan) this one fails too...
  • The entire National League better hope the Cubs don't get Jake Peavy....
  • Remember when I picked Carolina to win the NFC South? ::Pats self on back::
  • Remember when I picked Seattle to win the NFC West? lol
  • Kevin Durant with a ridiculous 41 and 10 last night in a loss....can we get this guy some help please? I don't want him toiling in obscurity any longer....
  • Dwight Howard laid a typical 23 and 22 on the Clips last night...he's averaging a full 3 boards and over a block more than anyone else in the league.....scary stuff
  • Josh Smith's antics as far as Mike Woodson are inherently laughable to me....I didn't understand inking Smith to a long-term deal and then subsequently re-upping Woodson who Smith hates openly....he won't even look him in the face on the sidelines....this won't get the coverage because the Hawks are going to make the playoffs....but it certainly isn't acceptable

No comments: