Sunday, December 21, 2008

Some bullets and a quick NFL Preview

Greetings all..... First I wanna get up my PICKS for today.....
  • Miami -3.5 over KC
  • New England -8 over Arizona....West coast team (already playing badly lately) going east for the 1:00 kick
  • Seattle +4 over NYJ....Long trip the other way, improving Seahawks bunch
  • Atlanta +3.5 over Minny....reasoning below

That's it for that....

  • Atlanta travels to Minnesota in perhaps the most crucial game to the NFC playoff picture with apologies to Carolina and the Giants who will be 1-2 in some order regardless of the outcome today....I like Atlanta in the matchup now that I know Tarvaris Jackson is playing....Seems too simple? Okay, how bout one of their all-pro DTs is out? not enough? Well, I'm satisfied
  • The aforementioned Carolina/NYG game takes center stage in primetime and is the game of the year in the NFC....but yet, I'm not terribly interested because it doesn't settle much....That said, Giants fans need some life from their offense and they should get some with Brandon Jacobs back
  • Pittsburgh and Tennessee highlight the AFC with a matchup of "titans" (pardon that)....I like Pittsburgh because I just don't trust Tennessee and Pittsburgh has a track record of squeaking out games.....and can we please go ahead and give Ben Roethlisberger some due? He's one of those classic "numbers don't matter" guys....You know he'll win games for you....and he has some ludicrously good numbers in 4th quarters and on final drives....he's just clutch....and he's doing it without an effective OL in front of him and with a beat-up running game

To some other stuff.....

  • Lebron says he may re-up with Cleveland this summer....I still don't believe it....I know it's his hometown and they are improved....but his stated goal is to become a global icon and you don't do that playing in Cleveland, Ohio....you just don't
  • College BBall roundup: UConn catches the Zags....Gonzaga impressed me by hanging in physically with the all-world athletes of UConn but gave way late....both teams are definite top 10 in my mind.......Duke pounds Xavier....I'm not surprised but people seem to be....Xavier was highly ranked, yes, but the talent disparity was large and the A-10 is still abysmal....Minnesota surprises Louisville.... For all the Louisville hype, I don't see the results....they have athletic guys but no one that really scares you outside of Samardo Samuels and he's a freshman who is raw....
  • Iowa State hires an Auburn assistant to fill it's coaching vacancy....was that a trade we just witnessed? lol
  • Jamal Crawford hangs 50 on Charlotte....further illlustrating that you can't play DJ Augustin and Ray Felton together and expect to guard anyone lol
  • Lost in Dwyane Wade's 43 in a road win in New Jersey was rookie Brook Lopez putting up a 22 and 13 in the loss.....that's pretty darn impressive if you ask me
  • Al Jefferson just thoroughly dominated Yao Ming last night (34 and 13 with Yao having 18 and FOUR rebounds)....and the Wolves still lost.....
  • Quick....who's fourth in the East? Oh....the Hawks? What year is this? lol......Elsewhere in the standings....Philly, Toronto, Indiana, and Washington (four teams that garnered fairly good preseason ratings in the East) are a combined 36-69.....Washington alone is 4-20....4-20! Hate to say I pegged that one....but I did....but hey, I'm still the idiot who missed on Philly
  • In the west....LAC and Golden State are a combined 16-39.....People saw Golden State's demise coming...but there were pretty significant expectations for the Clips....yikes....In my mind there is a clear "bottom 6" as we stand in the NBA.....Kevin Durant's team, Minnesota, Sacramento, Washington, Charlotte, and the Knicks (don't let the record fool you, they've been outright abysmal since they made moves)......
  • Somebody e-mail me a plan for what to do with Mike Bibby if you are the Hawks this season/off-season/whenever.....He's coming off the books at like 14 million after this year.....Do you deal him now? Let him expire? Re-up him at a slight discount? Please clear this up for me

And i'm spent...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Falcons, Go Hawks and on Bibby, I don't know either.