- Randy Moss is a 49er. The veteran former all-Pro receiver reportedly worked out in San Fran and they signed him on the spot. There had been previous reports of him looking fast while working out with New Orleans, and if Randy is invested, I have a feeling he can help someone as a deep-threat. Like the move for San Fran as a low-cost flier.
- I'm thinking about putting a full-scale ban on any content that includes the words "Peyton" or "Dwight" in the headline.
- The T-Wolves are alive and well without Mr. Rubio. Kevin Love led the way last night with 30 points and 7 rebounds in their road win over Phoenix in a throwback Western conference battle 127-124. The bigger story for me in Minny has been the play of Nikola Pekovic (24 points, 8 boards), and Derrick Williams (19 and 8) as both guys seem to be coming on at the right time. Phoenix got 25 and 10 from Nash and 28 points from Jared Dudley, but it wasn't enough to match the Minnesota frontcourt production.
- NBA Check - Brandon Jennings put up 34 points and 7 dimes to lead Milwaukee over New Jersey on the road. Charlotte and New Orleans played one of the ugliest games of the entire season (73-71 final) in a game that doesn't feature a stat worth mentioning. Derrick Rose had 32 points to bury the Knicks to their 6th straight loss. And Boston snuck a road win in Staples over the Clips 94-85 behind Pierce's 25 points and a 32-point 4th quarter.
What to watch for on Tuesday...
- NBA - Heat @ Magic - NBA-TV 7:00 - Really nice game here, and if Orlando makes threes, they can absolutely steal a win.
- NBA - Hawks @ Nuggets - SportSouth 9:00 - I just want to watch Kenneth Faried.
- "First Four" - W. Kentucky vs. Miss. Valley State - 6:40 Tru TV - This is a battle for who gets crushed in the real round one, but hey, it's a tournament game.
- "First Four" - Iona vs. BYU - 9:00 Tru TV - Much better game than the opener, and I still can't figure out why two at-large teams are playing for a 14 seed. Gun to my head, I like Iona.