- Peyton will officially part ways with the Colts today. The story has received a comical amount of attention in the weeks following the season, and when combined with the Colts having the #1 pick, it was inevitable that this would be the case. Wake me up when he signs with another team and we can actually talk some football.
- The city of Sacramento officially OK's the proposed arena deal that will keep the Kings in town. Congrats again to the "Here We Stay' campaign. That is all about that.
- More automatic bids! Western Kentucky knocks off North Texas to win the Sun Belt, and at 15-18, they'll likely be the team with the worst record in the bracket, but big-ups to them. Harvard clinches the Ivy League title after Penn falters against Princeton. It's been universal that Harvard was the class of that league, but it'll be interesting to see how good they actually are. South Dakota State gets their first bid of all-time as winners of the Summit, and Detroit wins the Horizon league after punishing Valpo by 20. Watch out for Detroit in the tourney, as they could sneak a win.
- NBA Check - The Hawks win their 3rd straight game, with a pretty impressive road performance against Indiana. Josh Smith led the way with 27 and 9, but Jannero Pargo (yes, somehow) provided the late spark and finished with 16 points in just 24 minutes. Charlotte beat Orlando last night. By 16. And the Bobcats trailed by 20 at one point in the game. When it's bad for Orlando, it's very, very bad. Rodney Stuckey put up 34 points in Detroit's upset home OT win over LA 88-85. Bynum had 30 and 14 for the Lakers, but Detroit made plays in OT. And finally, Dirk exploded late (finishing with 28 points) as Dallas knocked off the Knicks by 10 in a game that was much closer than that until about the 3-minute mark.
What to watch for on Wednesday...
- NCAAB - Big East 2nd Round - UConn vs. West Virginia - Noon ESPN - Nothing quite like high-quality hoops at noon on a Wednesday. UConn desperately needs this one for a tourney bid.
- NCAAB - Big East 2nd Round - Pitt vs. #14 Georgetown - 2:00 ESPN - No one has been a bigger disappointment than Pitt, but they're still capable of winning this game.
- NCAAB - Big East 2nd Round - Seton Hall vs. Louisville - 7:00 ESPN - The Hall is probably in the tourney, but if they win here, they're definitely in.
- NBA - Hawks @ Heat - 7:30 NBA-TV - Well, Miami is the best team in the league and the Hawks aren't. If Joe Johnson misses his 4th straight game, this will get ugly, and it may even if he plays.
- NBA - Grizz @ Warriors - 10:30 NBA-TV - Late night, West Coast game. At the very least, it'll be entertaining.
- NCAAB - Utah vs. Colorado - 11:30 FSN - Utah is absolutely wretched, but if you're up til 2 am and want something to watch, here you are.