Friday, September 12, 2008

9/12: Weekend NFL Mini-Preview...

First things first....The picks! YTD: Now 3-9 after USF wins by 3 when I had -3.5 but hey...I definitely picked some CFB and NFL winners....I hope

  • Cincinnati -1 vs. Tennessee.....I just can't pick Kerry Collins on the road
  • Green Bay -3 @ Detroit...Detroit is abysmal...flat-out...
  • San Diego +1 @ Denver....I think Denver is a bit over-valued after last week which had more to do with the Raiders being awful than Denver being great IMO
Games to watch: 

  • 1:00 Games: Indy @ Minnesota gets the gold star and this one is as big for both teams as it could be in Week 2.....We all know (at least you should) that teams that start 0-2 have an abysmal % of making the playoffs and both these Pre-season hyped teams are 0-1.....I'm going with Indy in this one, but it should be entertaining (and Adrian Peterson may go for 200 against a defense that Matt Forte tore apart).....Buffalo @ Jacksonville gets the runner-up and I think Buffalo comes back to earth in this one....I'm intrigued by New Orleans @ Washington too, and the ongoing Jim Zorn face will be in action...I'm taking the Saints
  • 4:00 Games: Obviously NYJ and New England is the hyped game....and I AM intrigued by Matt Cassel's debut....but Denver/San Diego is just as important if not moreso as they are the only 2 teams battling in the AFC West whereas Buffalo is definitely in it in the AFC East....The picks: New York (if this was in Foxboro, I'd believe in Cassel a little more in a debut...but it's not) and San Diego avoids the dreaded 0-2....
  • Sunday Night: Pittsburgh @ Cleveland...Yes, it's on the road...yes, Ben is nicked up....and yes, I'm picking Pittsburgh...I still don't believe in Cleveland (how long before they are chanting for Brady Quinn?) and Pittsburgh is among (if not THE) favorite in the AFC now...
Will hit on the MNF games on Sunday/Monday.....

Enjoy the slate....

1 comment:

Teacher said...

Well you went 2 for 6 this week. No shame in being 5-14. But hey, at least its not real money.