Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday NFL Wrap...

Well, I picked every game this week....First...the 2 against the lines....
  • Washington -3....Winner!
  • Cincy +13....Winner!
I've gotten a bit of a rhythm going in these picks....now 11-12-1 after a miraculous recovery....

11-4 so far in the debut of the "pick every game" thing...not too bad....only one bad miss in the form of Pittsburgh who looked terrible today....

Some thoughts....
  • Pittsburgh's O-line is...in a word...terrible...I know Jim Johnson is the blitz master...but literally every time Ben was getting smashed and at one point got sacked in 6 out of 7 drops...that's unreally bad...like 2002 Texans with David Carr bad....and Big Ben is the first person not named Tyler Thigpen to get negative points as a QB in my fantasy league...let's just say Sacks are -1 for the QB....
  • Attention Falcons Fans....I know we're already pleased with 2-1....but let's not overreact...we beat 2 of the worst 3 teams in the league....at home....call me when we win a road game...which, btw, I don't think we'll do all year....yes, I said that...The only favorable matchup on the road all year is @ Oakland...and that happens to be a 3,000 mile journey....1-7 at best on the road won't let you win at a real clip....I know I'm being a downer...but just realistic...I'm as excited as you are about 2-1, I promise...lol
  • The miraculous Bills comeback was nothing to scoff at....who could foresee Buffalo throwing to come from behind? Trent Edwards is fairly legit...and the Bills are the league's quietest 3-0....
  • Had a feeling Cincy would hang.....but the end result was there....
  • Ronnie Brown rushes for 4 TD...on 17 carries....most of them from the QB position...and throws for 1 TD....what is this? Arkansas? Get outta here....but hey, it worked....New England looked old, disinterested, and overmatched.....Put an APB on Randy Moss....things could go south....
  • Brian Griese should NEVER...i repeat, NEVER...throw the ball 67 times....especially in a win
  • Let's get the facade over with...Lendale White...should under no circumstances have as many carries as Chris Johnson....
  • Do you think the Vikings would have beaten Carolina with Adrian Peterson rushing for 77 yards and no TDs if Tavaris Jackson was playing? I don't....
  • I'm gonna kill a coach right now...not something I normally do in print...but Sean Payton gets it from me....under no circumstances if you have a QB completing 80+% of his passes for the game should you run the ball (with the tip-toeing Reggie Bush between the tackles twice no less) 3 times and then kick a long-ish FG with the ever-inconsistent Martin Gramatica.....it's just not acceptable....not when you can complete any pass you want at will....
  • I'm intrigued by what Seattle will look like after their Week 4 bye when they have actual NFL receivers....
  • Cleveland smells....bad.....Derek Anderson is a mini trainwreck at the moment...I can hear the calls for Brady Quinn from here....
  • Jack Del Rio tried...hard...to botch the end of the Indy/Jacksonville game....but David Garrard and Josh Scobee bailed him out....3rd and goal from the 5...would YOU run a HB dive with no lead blocker? Jack Del Rio would....
  • I was wrong about Dallas in this case...they looked very good today...especially on defense...the offense looked more pedestrian than normal (and still put up 27) and they took this one easily....impressive....Marion Barber is still underrated too....thought you should know
That's all I got...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the league's "quietest?" really Brad? I like your pros here. That and more will do donkey!