Sunday, September 14, 2008

Alot of football to recap....

I have so much to mention I can't even begin to get to it all....so bare with me here....

College first:
  • Let's get this out of the way first....Michigan had probably the weirdest performance I can ever remember them having.....Namely 7 fumbles (4 lost) and 6 turnovers in a rain-soaked game that looks as though it's an embarassment....that said, I took more positives than negatives (somehow!?)....How bout over 400 yards of offense from a unit that looked so lackluster that it was laughable in the first 2 games? How bout another solid defensive performance misled by a point total that doesn't state the true facts (only one defensive breakdown all day)? Steven Threet was almost bearable to watch...Sam McGuffie is very, very fast/good....and oh yea....we lost...badly lol....ignore all that...
  • To Friday night...South Florida with a crazy comeback cultivating in a 3 point semi-miracle win (I had the 3.5 pt line...yay)....I think USF is likely the class of the Big East for whatever it's worth....
  • To the Coliseum....if you didn't know...USC is fast....strong....and very, very good...and with the other "contenders" in the Pac-10 being exposed (I have Oregon at #2 in the conference for the record)....I don't think they are losing....It would take a Stanford game-like lack of focus for them to go down....Ohio State...what can you say? embarrassing performance...As soon as they didn't get 7 on their opening drive, I had the sense it would be ugly....just not enough talent on offense (especially without Wells)....I'm not saying they win the game or anything...but I DO think it's more competitive with Wells in there....would've kept their offense off the field, etc....but hey...the score speaks for itself
  • BYU absolutely LAYS THE WOOD to a UCLA team that just beat Tennessee....I haven't seen a score that crazy in a supposedly competitive game in a long time...Big ups to Max Hall who is officially a Heisman contender coming off that 7 TD performance....
  • One game I hit the analysis on was the UGA/So. Car. game....the Gamecocks always keep it close...but too much Georgia late...Stafford played his best late (but was wildly inconsistent all night)....
  • Auburn 3, Miss. State 2.....laughter ensues
  • A big win for Big 10 credibility happened after you were asleep in Fresno, CA....thank God Wisconsin picked up just a TAD for ND, Purdue and OSU....well...not really...but they did break their road losing streak in big games....
There was more here....but moving to the NFL.....
  • Big time trendy picks Jacksonville, Seattle, and Minnesota all go to 0-2....0-2 doesn't mean as much as it used to in the parity-driven NFL....but it's not good....I wouldn't count out Seattle yet (division is too brutally weak and they'll be getting their weapons back in the form of Branch and Engram in the coming weeks) but Jax and Minny have dug some pretty interesting holes.....
  • Green Bay and especially Aaron Rodgers look really good....I'm not overly shocked....except for the shear numbers he's put up thus far....I like that team alot....
  • THERE'S the Darren McFadden I expected....Justin Fargas should never get more than 10 carries in a game from here on...even if his groin is healthy....and that's not a slight to him....I think he's a solid back...but he's not McFadden....
  • Big-time win by Indy....didn't see it coming when they were down 15-0 and sputtering...but what happened to the running game?
  • Congrats to the Bills.....impressive performance....
  • I don't know who's worse...the Lions or the Rams.....or is it the Chiefs? Well, either way...these are the 3 worst teams in the league....so far at least
  • Kurt Warner lives!
  • That San Diego/Denver game was clearly the game of the day....referee-aided drama is never good though...Jay Cutler is emerging....like big-time....The list of guys I'd rather have under center is dwindling....At the moment....Brady (IR and all), Manning, Brees, Romo, Ben....and that might be it? Favre is there...but he hasn't been great...and is old...just some thoughts....
  • Pitt/Cle just played in 30 MPH winds...what a dreadful game....why are the Steelers (and my fantasy QB Ben) involved in these games? Terrible...The first deep ball Derek Anderson threw...was HILARIOUS....the wind combined with the idiocy of the play-call moved me....who throws a deep floater into 30 MPH wind?
Okay, I'm done....

No comments: