Friday, September 19, 2008

NFL Preview Week 3

Here we are again....I'm leaving tomorrow open for chill so getting this up today (Friday)....

First with 2 picks against the spread
YTD: 7-11-1
  • Washington -3 over Arizona
  • Cincinnati +13 over NYG
Quick and easy there; To the games....
  • KC @ Atlanta...I'm taking the Falcons here in 1 of the 2 remaining games they'll be favored in all year lol...Tyler Thigpen on the road in his first start? yikes....I also think Turner, Norwood, and the run game get it going again against a porous run D for KC....
  • OAK @ Buffalo....Give me the Bills....Oakland is still pretty bad...coaching in turmoil...McFadden dinged up....Russell on the road....a recipe for Trent Edwards and Buffalo to get to a 3-0 start...Marshawn Lynch is gonna go huge too...
  • Houston @ Tennessee....Tennessee is the pick....no reasoning lol
  • Miami @ NE....I liked what Belichick and company did to help out Matt Cassel in start #1...very reminiscent of early Brady with all the check-downs....Miami is still pretty bad and going to Foxboro is never a picnic....
  • Tampa @ Chicago....My first road victor here as I take Tampa...Chicago has no playmakers on the outside...I can see them stacking 8 or 9 in the box all day to stop Forte and Orton's not beating them....
  • STL @ Seattle....The Seahawks win!! Breaking news these days...St. Louis has looked every bit as bad as the scores indicate and I think Hasselbeck gets up off the mat....and it still means something to play @ Seattle....
  • Carolina @ Minny.... Alot of this depends on Adrian Peterson...wait...I actually would take the Vikings either way....hear me out...Chester Taylor is a top 20 NFL running back...oh you didn't know? Now you do....I will never trust Jake Delhomme on the road...especially not against this defense...and Gus Frerotte can manage the game enough at home to win....Steve Smith goes off a bit here though
  • Detroit @ San Fran....I like the home team again...Detroit is badddd...especially on defense and San Fran has underrated talent on defense to try and slow the 40+ passes a game offense from Detroit....Kitna/Johnson/Williams get theirs....but JT O'Sullivan (don't laugh in this one) is good enough to beat a dreadful Detroit secondary....
  • Cincy @ NYG....I like the Giants here...but Cincy may actually show up for this game....they know this is big for them...they can't get killed here...or season's over (even though it already is) and they should be able to wing it around a bit on NYG without the same type of pass rush they're used to.....
  • Pittsburgh @ Philly....I'll take my 2nd road team...I love Pittsburgh...on the record....no receivers finally catches up to Philly this week as they're gonna take Westbrook outta the game with that vaunted front 7....Ben Roethlisberger in for a long day against Jim Johnson's defense...but he'll make enough plays....
  • Arizona @ Washington....Not impressed with Arizona....still...won't have as easy a time throwing it against Washington and if you get to Kurt Warner, he WILL turn it over....Washington is the pick
  • Jacksonville @ Indy....Sorry Jacksonville....season is probably over when you lose this one...Peyton and Co. are turning it on offensively and Jacksonville's offense has looked pedestrian at best....
  • Cleveland @ Baltimore....Sorry Cleveland...season is probably over when you lose this one....lol....Don't ask me why I'm taking Joe Flacco...but hey, this might be the game that gets Brady Quinn a starting job....and hey Braylon....use those hands....
  • New Orleans @ Denver....I was realllyyyy tempted to take NO here as this one has all kinds of "letdown" game possibilities...but without Colston, the Saints offense looked a little toned down @ Washington....and that pass D is terrible....coupled with the way Cutler is playing, this could get ugly on that side of the ball...Brees will score, but not enough
  • Dallas @ Green Bay....seems like a game Dallas would lose....and I like Aaron Rodgers...alot...otherwise, tossup?
  • NYJ @ San Diego....Chargers backs are against the wall here....wouldn't put it past Brett Favre to win this one (insert ESPN joke here)....but I'll take SD...too much talent at home
Enjoy the games

No comments: