Sunday, September 7, 2008

NFL Mid-day (late-day really) recap....

Things that impressed me today.....
  • Matt Ryan, The Falcons O-Line and Michael Turner....Yes, I lead with my team...but what do you expect? Was not necessarily surprised with Norwood....but all the other things semi-shocked me....BUT I wouldn't go crazy just yet...Detroit's run D is pretty atrocious...but nonetheless a positive day....
  • Willie Parker.....Yes, he starts hot every year...but 3 TDs beats his entire last year total....lol
  • Chris Johnson....If they keep giving Lendale White carries, insanity.....This is the guy
  • BUFFALO....All caps for Bernie...But really...they did impress me....that was a sound whooping they put on Seattle (sorry, Ryan)....and Trent Edwards looked good....
  • Donovan McNabb...every time he goes for one of these ridiculous 360 yard games (with NO receivers no less) he sucks me back in...Good luck DMc....stay healthy for once.....Desean Jackson looked nice too
Things that did NOT impress me today.....
  • Derek Anderson....boy....I was with them letting him go (rather then throwing a ton of money at him) BEFORE the year...and then he threw up a classic stinker at home today....doesn't Brady Quinn look like an equally good option at half the cost? How are those draft picks you used to trade for Quinn looking?
  • Kurt Warner...I remembered what he is today...good arm....will put up some numbers...but complete and utter statue...and turnover prone
  • St. Louis as a team....really 3 points? They semi-sucked me in....I was thinking respectable again this year....guess not
  • Jacksonville's running game....There is no excuse for this team to have under 50 yards rushing total....not with those backs....any time Matt Jones has more receiving yards than you have total rushing....issues.....Tennessee semi-owns them
  • Carson Palmer....how the mighty have fallen...once the consensus #3 QB behind the big 2....he's fallen so far off the map it's scary....culminating in 10/25 for 99 yards today....with those receivers....goodness....
And a big story....obviously...as I write this....Yahoo reporting a torn ACL for Tom Brady....well, that pretty much ends my Super Bowl prediction right here in week 1....Expletive....Well, my heated debate with Ryan at dinner about how Matt Cassel was the worst starter OR backup in entire league...well, that'll be tested.....hey, it's not every day you never started a COLLEGE game...and now you start for the Patriots throwing to Moss and Welker.....Paging Laurence Maroney....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

now that is sound reporting! Thanks B-Row.