Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9/23: MNF Recap, etc.

Just a few things today....
  • San Diego pounded the Jets last night....and it didn't surprise me at all....the Jets defense (save the signing of oft-injured DT Kris Jenkins) didn't change at all from a mediocre unit last year...and Favre looks semi-clueless....
  • Antonio Cromartie is the 2nd-best CB in the league (much love to Champ)....and the most explosive by far....
  • LT just isn't right....but Rivers and Sproles can get them wins until he is....
  • Exhale for Eagles' fans....Brian Westbrook is only day-to-day (boy, that looked bad too)
  • Matt Millen....really? NOW we call for the firing? 3 years too late...
  • Long-time UGA play-by-play man Larry Munson retires....I can't comment fairly, as from an outsider's point of view...he was an insufferable homer who rarely seemed to have a clue, plus I have to factor my disdain for UGA football...but also, I can definitely identify with one team having one voice....and for that, combined with length of service....I understand the nostalgia...respect....
  • Trent Green gets the nod in St. Louis...I know they're a trainwreck...but there's absolutely nothing Trent Green can do that Marc Bulger can't...and it's not like they're giving the young guy the nod here...Green is 38....makes no sense to me at all....
  • Stephon Marbury gets waived from the Knicks....um, finally?....I'd be pretty shocked if nobody went after him....but I wouldn't touch him if I was a GM...
More later...

No comments: