Friday, February 8, 2008

Basketball mostly....

Not a huge sports day outside of bball but I don't mind that in the slightest....caught some games...
  • UCLA beats Wazzu @ Wazzu...Great game...saw every minute....not the most "appealing to the eye" type of game and not really representative of most west-coast games...but I really enjoyed it. Wazzu "took away" Kevin Love (only 16 points) but that plan didn't work and I've yet to see one that does. Wazzu is killing me...I pick them to go to the final 4 and they promptly lose 3 in a row...no shame in this loss though....Will be interesting to see how they respond b/c I tend to favor teams with seniors (especially at guards) and they have them...
  • WV/Pitt- Pitt beats WV at the buzzer (didn't see any of it) but I laughed that they put the wrong guy on the FT line for WV...he makes both.....then they go back and take the points off.....wow....good officiating Big East
  • Indiana over Illinois in 2OT....Only saw the overtimes of this one but enjoyed them...Big 10 basketball can be borderline unwatchable at times but this was entertaining enough...Eric Gordon's special...wish he was like 6'6 instead of 6'4 (maybe)
  • Bulls over Golden State- Watched a decent amount of this...Webber gets the start for some reason but only plays 12 minutes in a HOME LOSS??? to the Bulls....wow....I really like Chris Duhon....Can't put my finger on why (no...its not b/c he went to Duke although that helps i'm sure)
  • Shaq says he "will adjust to the suns, they don't have to adjust to me"....word? If he can pull this off, I'll give him all sorts of props...but I can't see him molding his game around them without a little adjustment from the style of D'Antoni...just sayin
  • Houston lays the wood to Cleveland- Wish I was surprised by this....but I've said before, I honestly think there are 10 teams in the west better than anyone in the East except Detroit and Boston (yes, including Cleveland)....and I'm sticking by it for now.....Prove me wrong someone in the East...Please....
Only non-basketball related thing today....
  • Steve Spagnuolo turns down the skins.....didn't see that coming...Washington is a good job in comparison to most....BUT I tend to side with him here...I wouldn't want any part of Daniel Snyder as my owner.....only caveat being that NFL jobs don't grow on trees...they better have a good defensive year next year or his "hot coach" status will go away
Hurray....

No comments: