Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lakers/Suns, Bibby's Debut, Some ramblings....

  • Big game tonight with Lakers/Suns...The shaq vs Kobe angle is overplayed as always but I really think this should be a good indicator of why the Suns brought Shaq in (to deal with multiple bigs more effectively, etc.).....I'll catch the 2nd half hopefully as I'll be hauling it back from Atlanta
  • Was really excited for Bibby's debut last night....somebody forgot to tell the rest of the Hawks they were playing last night....Bibby was okay, showed some flashes of what he can add.....Not a good indicator of overall impact...I mean, he got off the plane and got handed the keys, lol
  • Umm...are they gonna fire/suspend Kelvin Sampson or what? I just need a decision....chilling on it only shows that they have no idea
  • Throughout the first half last night (later confirmed by an incoming text) I was thinking...wow, the Hawks are terrible with Acie Law at the point...he shows me nothing on a consistent basis...another swing-and-miss for Billy Knight, yay!
  • I never thought Beno Udrih would be a legit NBA Point Guard....I was wrong
  • Denver does NOT need Zach Randolph...aka another guy who can score and not defend a lick
  • Charlotte shoots....28% FG for the entire game last night @ SA....I know the Spurs can D up but wow....any time they can win with Duncan scoring 7 points and Parker not playing by 20! points....wow
  • After all that talk about Acie Law running the point bringing the Hawks down....He DOES have the ability to score if that's all he is looking to do....had a big 2nd half when he was gunning last night....Shame we have no place for that (Yes, I know Bibby is a scorer too but he's also been playing exclusively PG for years and has been a reasonable distributor to deep playoff runs)
  • I don't remember the last time I saw a big man shoot 3-17 from the floor....Yao threw that up last night...in a road WIN over an East contender....insert laughter for the East
  • I know Portland was overachieving but wow...they are totally tanking here...I'm about to have to take back my "10 teams better in the West than anyone but BOS/DET in the east" to "9 teams better etc.".....Nonetheless, I root for them in most circumstances, and they're gonna be scary good if Oden is anything like I think he'll be....Oh yea....Can I get an amnesty clause for Darius Miles while we're at it? At least they should be able to move Raef next year as an expiring deal (finally)

No comments: