Thursday, February 7, 2008

Bball Recaps and Clemens

  • For the love of God, stop barraging me with Roger Clemens coverage....I'm done
  • Couple great basketball games last night...didn't catch any live ball but heard/followed a couple games
  • Duke/UNC intrigues me...UNC is a totally different team without Lawson so I take the results with a grain of salt but I was real interested that Duke managed to put up 89 points on the road against UNC with what most people think (me included) is a better defender than Lawson at the point in Quentin Thomas. 89 points on the road even when you shoot the lights out is a ton and this is always the problem with UNC as they are a very up-and-down defensive team. That said, Duke still can't rebound, but they managed to let Hansborough get his and simply take away alot of other things last night
  • New Orleans and Phoenix go 2OT.....Saw extensive highlights of this instant classic...Chris Paul's pretty good.....Nash put up some great numbers by 10+ TO's is pretty much unacceptable no matter how many assists you have. Really interested to see how Phoenix fairs without Marion since they have extremely rarely gone without him because he's been so durable.....I, for one, hope D'Antoni doesn't give too many minutes to Grant Hill; not because he can't play because he can...but they need to make sure they have him for the playoffs because Hill and Diaw's impact is now magnified 5x because Shaq's not playing more than 30 minutes per.......My Final Word on Shaq Deal is: Wait and see really, I don't hate the deal as much as some but it's definitely a gamble I wouldn't have made if I'm Steve Kerr but only because I think he could've gotten more for Marion while even cutting some cap space; Advantage Heat for sure but the heat are still really bad (but better) and the Suns are still in the mix
  • The Jazz are verryyyy hot (winning 10 straight) and they really intrigue me now that Korver is on board...he's not a great player but he fits them perfectly as they what they really lacked was a shooter.....Very dangerous team and the West is more wide open than usual with the Spurs taking a little step back (so far).....Realistically I think the Suns, Spurs, Lakers, Jazz, Mavs, and even Hornets can all win the title...crazy
  • CFB Signing Day- I don't care alot about this....more than some, less than others...whatever....It's definitely overblown but there is some significance...I follow Michigan closely (obviously) and we got a nice little class that's ranked in the top 10 by some "experts" and will definitely go higher if we get our hands on Pryor

No comments: