Saturday, February 16, 2008

Bibby to the Hawks?!?!?!?!?

Just caught the ticker saying Mike Bibby to the Hawks for Anthony Johnson, Tyronn Lue, Lorenzen Wright, and Shelden Williams....First of all let me say I love this deal for the Hawks some ....Bibby immediately makes the Hawks significantly better IMO and will be a nice tutor for Acie Law (Bibby prolly won't be around long).....I think this move puts Atlanta firmly in the playoff race because PG is/has been the most pressing need for a period of years for Atlanta and this definitely sures that up...Also, THE HAWKS ACTUALLY USED THEIR EXPIRING DEALS!! Sorry for the yelling....but Billy Knight showing he has a pulse shocks me....Bibby isn't exactly a bargain at over 13 million/year BUT it doesn't hurt the cap too much because the deal is short, and this is definitely worth it IMO......On Sacto's behalf, this is a simple salary dump for cap space...fine with that....but I love the move (my God, this is weird) for the Hawks because it shows a willingness to...I dont know....play to win now? Weird.....I'll let it sink in a little more and report later

No comments: