Friday, February 22, 2008

Trade Deadline Recap, CBB Weekend Preview, etc.


  • Crazy Trade deadline season (all the way back to Gasol)...but yesterday was reasonably eventful....Props to Cleveland and New Orleans for getting significantly better IMO....I also love what Seattle has done to give itself flexibility (and I can't get over how good they COULD be in 3 years), the Spurs picking up Kurt Thomas, and I don't mind the Bobby Jackson add for Houston....Chicago is bleh to me....That pretty much sums it up....now it's time to see what these deals actually do as far as performance, should be fun
  • Huge CBB Game tomorrow night...I probably won't blog tomorrow (at least not a long entry) so I'll preview it here....First, I'll pick Memphis because I think Tennessee is vastly overrated (but still very good)....but let me preface by saying I don't think either one of these teams is top 2 in the country....Very intrigued by the matchup...if only Memphis could shoot FTs.....
  • NBA Recap: Manu goes crazy with 44 in a tight win @ Minny....Houston looks good again downing another one of those undermanned East squads....Only 3 games last night so there you have it
  • Apparently Daniel Gibson being out 6 weeks is a lead ESPN.com story...my question is Why? He's not even a starter for Cleveland right now IMO and is a niche player with one discernable NBA skill as of now....yes, I know he's young....but really? lead story?
  • Far be it for me to disagree with Scott Pioli...but My god, they had better sign Randy Moss or the non-use of the franchise tag is utterly ridiculous to me....ESPECIALLY when they didn't use it on Asante Samuel either
  • Congrats to Candace Parker on her decision to leave early and go to the WNBA....This should open the door for other Women like her to do so....Maya Moore and that HS junior from Texas are on their way....
  • Some administrative clown from Indiana says Kelvin Sampson's fate "has been determined"...ummmm word? What is it then?

No comments: