Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lots of BBall...little else

Getting the other stuff out of the way first....
  • Why is Roger Goodell meeting with a member of Congress about Spygate? I don't see one single reason why this is an issue for Congress but maybe thats just me...
  • No Clemens talk here....too much for me, no interest
  • Apparently Reggie Bush's bodyguard flashed a gun at the guy (Lloyd Lake) that is speaking out to damage him with claims....ballsy....
To the bball...watched a ton last night this is what I got....
  • First off, I made a point not to watch Kentucky/Vandy but I turned the channel and Kentucky is down....40? word? Embarrassing performance by a team many people keep saying was coming back into the Tourney picture
  • Purdue is better than anyone (including me) thought....very solid home win last night over Michigan State in another ugly Big 10 Game
  • UNC squeaks by Virginia.....Watched the 2nd half of this game..UNC is totally different without Lawson....He better get healthy...
  • NBA Roundup: Only one game accessible for me to watch last night (DET/ATL)...decent game...Chauncey takes over late and Mike Woodson makes me want to hang myself.....enough said really.....Oh yea...Every time I see Chris Paul play I get this feeling in my stomach....Regret I believe....I keep hearing the Hawks SHOULD get in the Jason Kidd extravaganza and I completely agree because the Hawks have the pieces to get him (Childress and expiring deals...maybe Shelden too)......But I'd be more than shocked if they ever pulled that deal off...Atlanta Spirit, LLC is pretty widely regarded as the most dysfunctional ownership situation in all of pro sports, and not exactly willing to open the checkbook
  • The Heat are significantly better with Marion than Shaq....Allows them to play a game more catered to their personnel (Wright, Williams, Davis, etc.) and makes me wonder why that personnel was brought together to run the half-court game they were running previously....paging Pat Riley.....
At some point I'll fire up a baseball preview (with Pitchers/Catchers reporting later this week) but I can't get in the mindset quite yet....or ever maybe.....Cheers to basketball season

No comments: