Monday, February 4, 2008

Giant Shocker and more


  • Ummm...wow? all I really had to say after the Giants win last night....Save the "greatest upset in the history of the world" overstatements please...big upset? yes....biggest ever? not close......Ballsy drive by Eli Manning...I'll give him a little props while being still skeptical of him, but hey...he did it. The story for me was the "best offensive line in football" getting absolutely manhandled (especially All-pro Matt Light who stuck out cuz hes supposed to be ummm...an all-pro). Brady never had any time and while he didn't play well anyway, it was magnified by all sorts of OL breakdowns. All that said....Let the overreaction/over-coverage begin....

  • Pau Gasol deal sinking in a bit...I don't think Memphis got as fleeced as I once did because really, they get 3 first round picks if you factor in Marc Gasol, alot of cap room, and a really promising guard in Crittendon. That said, I still don't see the need to get another infant PG but I'm thinking this means Lowry is out soon...(I'll take him!). Seems like a firesale move...but I don't mind it at all unless they can't find somebody to spend the money on.....Paging Josh Smith to Memphis (for my sake)
  • Missed all/most of both NBA and CBB this weekend....Wazzu's lost 2 in a row...directly following my final 4 prediction, thanks fellas.....Michigan state losing to Penn State is a semi-shocker....the Pac-10 is really good......I hate tyler hansborough......I can't wait to see the Lakers with Bynum, Pau, Odom, Bryant all playing together.....All I got for now....
  • Wait for it...wait for it.....About 2 more days of NFL nonsense...then a large-scale basketball increase in media coverage...Yay! I can't hold back my excitement here.....The madness is coming....
  • Be Prepared for a full Super Bowl media coverage writeup if it gets too outta control....see the link on my blog to "Awful Announcing" for up-to-date coverage of the outright idiocy that is sure to be streaming through the media....
More later...

No comments: