Friday, September 2, 2011

9/2: Chris Johnson, Football Kicks Off, etc...

Okay... I'm back... and yes, I've said it before... and yes, I've failed before... but here we are, back in time for football... let's get going on what transpired yesterday...
  • Chris Johnson inks a $53 million deal with the Titans... no surprise to me to see him get into camp before the season starts... what WAS a surprise is that he only got $1 million more guaranteed than Deangelo Williams, in the same off-season! That seems pretty crazy to me... anyway, top-5 back comes back...
  • CFB Round-Up.... Wisconsin played dial-a-score with UNLV and was leading 51-3 before calling off the dogs... that's a darkhorse national championship team with Russell Wilson under center (love him)... Mississippi State suspended a bunch of guys pregame... and then routed Memphis anyway... and Georgia Tech hung 63 on Western Carolina including 300+ yards... PASSING... I'm sure that was a quality secondary on the other end...
  • Ohio State suspends 3 more plays due to impermissible benefits... I'm out of jokes... but I'm still very much enjoying this...
  • Frank McCourt has been reportedly offered $1.2 billion for the Dodgers... aka the biggest slam dunk in the history of Earth... go away Frank... coincidentally, that would be the largest sum ever for an MLB team
  • And finally... the Braves get a 5-2 win behind 2-4 from the J-Hey Kid and bombs from Chipper and McCann.... the big story though? Tim Hudson is a man...
Stay tuned for a very quick college football weekend preview later in the day... and remember to forgive me after writing a giant preview this week...

No comments: