Friday, September 30, 2011

9/30: Weekend Football Preview

Greetings all... let's hit the big-time action from the weekend, college first, then NFL on the back-end...

COLLEGE
  • #3 Alabama @ #12 Florida - CBS 8:00 - Primetime CBS game? Yes, please... I think Alabama has the best defense in the country, and this is the first real test for the Charlie Weis brand of offense in Florida... the fact that the game is in Gainesville evens the playing field, but I can't pick against that Bama defense and Trent Richardson in the backfield...
  • #8 Nebraska @ #7 Wisconsin - ABC 8:00 - What a Big 10 debut for Nebraska... Madison at night? wow... anyway, I like the Badgers... Russell Wilson is a guy I've loved for years back at NC State, and he's playing lights-out right now.. they also have a big-time running game and the vaunted O-line, and while playing at home, I'll take them despite Nebraska being able to take it to the house at any point with Taylor Martinez...
  • #13 Clemson @ #11 Va Tech - ESPN2 6:00 - ACC game of the year maybe? It'll certainly be in the top 3 of that particular distinction... I think Clemson isn't as good as their record, and they're always capable of putting up a stinker... that happens here.... but even if it doesn't? VT is a better team and Blacksburg will be bumping for an evening kick-off...
  • #14 Texas A&M @ #18 Arkansas - ESPN Noon - This is a pretty awesome Noon kick... a throwback rivalry here, and while A&M blew a huge lead last week, this should be a highly entertaining game... Give me the Hogs here despite my heart telling me that I still despise Bobby Petrino...
  • Auburn @ #10 South Carolina - CBS 3:30 - I hate Stephen Garcia... but I'm still picking USC here... Auburn's defense is porous and I don't trust them... all Marcus Lattimore here...
  • #15 Baylor @ K-State - ABC 3:30 - Robert Griffin III is the best player in the country that you may not know... he has more TOUCHDOWNS than INCOMPLETIONS this year... read that again... give me Baylor...
NFL
  • Detroit @ Dallas - 1:00 FOX - Picking the "upset" out of the gate... I like Dallas here... Romo with another week to get right, and while Detroit has been a gauntlet, they're on the road here, and we'll see what they've got...
  • Pittsburgh @ Houston - 1:00 CBS - Some awesome 1:00 games... anyway, I like Pittsburgh... or moreso, I dislike Houston... prove it...
  • Carolina @ Chicago - 1:00 FOX - This is a must-win for the Bears, and I like them at home here against Carolina... for as good as Cam Newton looked the first 2 weeks, Carolina still stinks...
  • Minnesota @ KC - 1:00 FOX - Yikes... 0-3 vs. 0-3... I'll take Minnesota... I don't really know why they're 0-3, and KC is the worst team in the NFL in my opinion without Charles and Berry...
  • Buffalo @ Cincy - 1:00 CBS - This was a tough one for me... I want to pull the trigger on Andy Dalton and company, but I just can't... Buffalo...
  • Tennessee @ Cleveland - 1:00 CBS - Will the real Chris Johnson please stand up?
  • Washington @ St. Louis - 1:00 FOX - Can St. Louis start 0-4 and still win the NFC West? Yes, I think they could, but I also think they're winning here with S-Jax at near full strength...
  • San Fran @ Philly - 1:00 FOX - Huge game for Philly... West coast team traveling east... Vick supposed to play... all Philly...
  • New Orleans @ Jacksonville - 1:00 FOX - I think New Orleans is a top-5 team... Jacksonville most certainly is not...
  • Atlanta @ Seattle - 4:00 FOX - Must-win situation for the Falcons, and while the "Qwest Field advantage" is in effect, Seattle still pretty much stinks, and I gotta think Mike Smith has them ready...
  • NY Giants @ Arizona - 4:00 FOX - Mild upset here... I like the Cards... Kevin Kolb can sling it on a bad Giants secondary...
  • New England @ Oakland - 4:00 CBS - Angry Pats... Brady goes for 400+ here...
  • Denver @ Green Bay - 4:00 CBS - I can smell the Denver Broncos from here...
  • Miami @ San Diego - 4:00 CBS - Same goes for Miami...
  • NY Jets @ Baltimore - 8:20 NBC - One of the better night games in the next couple weeks... I like Baltimore here... the Jets defense isn't playing at their typical level, and more importantly, the NYJ offensive line is suddenly VERY average, and if they can't run the ball? They're not scoring enough points...
  • Indy @ Tampa Bay - 8:30 Monday ESPN - Indy on Monday night!... national coming out party for Josh Freeman here... Tampa by 2 touchdowns...
Enjoy the slate...

1 comment:

Bernie Dake said...

I love the loyalty to Buffalo. Thanks B-Row!